2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

13 hours ago, dentistdoc said:

Did u get any communication feom usask after submitting transcript s?

Yeah they just said that they are conducting review but I checked my page and it’s still the same 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:07 PM, bobbers said:

Whoa, that's a lot more than I thought. I think it was last year that they had 101. 

It should be for the next two weeks or so. From the 2016 MPH Canada thread, someone got an interview late February. So, it should be within this month. 

Got a call last minute for an interview soon!! 

Been lurking for a while, but thought I may as well hop on here.

I applied to USask (rejected), U of A Health policy and Management, and SFU. U of A portal still says "decision pending", and I can't really find anything on the SFU portal that says anything either. Really crossing my fingers for SFU though as it's close to home and I've been away for the last 6 years.

Good luck to everyone else and congratulations to those who have already gotten an acceptance somewhere!

2 hours ago, Loveleen said:

My status at UOS is deptt recommend - Conditional.. Havent got any email from uni ?

Positive or negative?

I think its positive. when did the application status change? are you an international student? when did you apply and when did your referees submit the references? My application status is still 'Complete ready for review', I am an international student.

3 hours ago, Emilia Marie said:

I think its positive. when did the application status change? are you an international student? when did you apply and when did your referees submit the references? My application status is still 'Complete ready for review', I am an international student.

Same here. Kinda wondering maybe I didn't cut it. What country are you applying from?

11 hours ago, Emilia Marie said:

My status was Complete and ready for review on 11 feb and on 12 feb when i checked the portal it changed to decision made.... I have not got any official letter yet to be sure its positive or what

yes m an international student from India... I applied on 1 oct and my references were submitted in the same month....

10 hours ago, Loveleen said:

My status was Complete and ready for review on 11 feb and on 12 feb when i checked the portal it changed to decision made.... I have not got any official letter yet to be sure its positive or what

yes m an international student from India... I applied on 1 oct and my references were submitted in the same month....

I applied on 29 nov but my last referee submited the reference on 14 jan. Which other universities did you apply too?

38 minutes ago, Emilia Marie said:

I applied on 29 nov but my last referee submited the reference on 14 jan. Which other universities did you apply too?

I have applied to UOA, guelph , victoria, lakehead , Mount saint vincent

and u ?

On 2/12/2019 at 7:51 AM, Loveleen said:

My status at UOS is deptt recommend - Conditional.. Havent got any email from uni ?

Positive or negative?

Have you still not received an email from them? Check your junk mail. 

My portal said the same thing, and they sent me an email: 

"Our Admissions Committee has reviewed and considered your application to the Master of Public Health program at the School of Public Health. I am pleased to inform you that we are recommending to the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies that you be granted admission into our program for the August 2019 Intake. We were most pleased to receive your application to join our program and know that you will achieve a great deal while you are here. Please send an email to sph.admissions@usask.ca before March 1, 2019 to accept your seat in the program.  Your application will then proceed to the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for official acceptance. We look forward to welcoming you to the School of Public Health."

Basically this means that they liked your application and recommended you to program. You have to accept your seat by emailing them by March 1. After you accept, the CGPS will review your application again to make sure you have everything - for example, you might be missing an official copy of your transcript. This will be stated in your Admissions Letter. As long as you submit the required documentation by the deadline, you are admitted.

1 hour ago, Emilia Marie said:

Whats your profile? Which other universities did you apply to apart from University of Saskatchewan?

Bsc Public Health 70%

2 years experience working in the field

Ielts 7.5 with no less than 6.5 in each module. 

Applied to university of Ontario Institute of technologY -msc community health 

Lake head university -mph

Usask-msc community health

2 hours ago, car. said:

Have you still not received an email from them? Check your junk mail. 

My portal said the same thing, and they sent me an email: 

"Our Admissions Committee has reviewed and considered your application to the Master of Public Health program at the School of Public Health. I am pleased to inform you that we are recommending to the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies that you be granted admission into our program for the August 2019 Intake. We were most pleased to receive your application to join our program and know that you will achieve a great deal while you are here. Please send an email to sph.admissions@usask.ca before March 1, 2019 to accept your seat in the program.  Your application will then proceed to the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for official acceptance. We look forward to welcoming you to the School of Public Health."

Basically this means that they liked your application and recommended you to program. You have to accept your seat by emailing them by March 1. After you accept, the CGPS will review your application again to make sure you have everything - for example, you might be missing an official copy of your transcript. This will be stated in your Admissions Letter. As long as you submit the required documentation by the deadline, you are admitted.

Thanks alot :)