2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

2 hours ago, Vivyanne said:

Really?  Nice.  Which schools did u apply to, course and have you been notified yet? 

I applied to U of A, U of S and SFU for MPH. I just got an email to send hard copies of my official transcript to SFU 

4 hours ago, sidcure said:

good day Dam, so what was your profile like?

I organize programs at least once a semester in my school for 3 years on various issues like drug abuse, infant nutrition, risks of consuming carbonated drinks etc.

i have written some professional public health exams. 

I’m a member of various charity organizations.

Worked as an executive in my department for 2 years.

Had an internship with a UK based organization on Nutrition in my country 

Had another internship during the summer with the Ministry of Health in my state of residence 

Just graduating from my undergrad in public health this June 

46 minutes ago, mphhopeful2020 said:

Congratulations audients!

I am eyeing this program for next year's applications (2020) and would love to know your stats if you are willing to share!

Yes! My cGPA is a 7.2 on a 9 point scale but my GPA for my 3rd year is an 8.3 and my projected 4th year GPA is an 8. I got an A+ in my statistics course as well. Also, make sure you have a copy of the statistics course syllabus so it outlines the specific subject matter you learned as you need to submit that as I learned the night before, haha.

On 2/14/2019 at 1:04 PM, HPRO said:

This might be a silly question... But do universities still send out physical acceptance packages in the mail or is that just an undergrad thing?

My acceptance and a couple of my friends acceptances were online only.

Just now, MI94 said:

Congratulations!! Did you have to do an interview?

Nope! I just got e-mailed "A decision has been made." and in the School of Graduate Studies Portal, there was my online acceptance package.

16 minutes ago, audients said:

Yes! My cGPA is a 7.2 on a 9 point scale but my GPA for my 3rd year is an 8.3 and my projected 4th year GPA is an 8. I got an A+ in my statistics course as well. Also, make sure you have a copy of the statistics course syllabus so it outlines the specific subject matter you learned as you need to submit that as I learned the night before, haha.

Ok thanks that's a great tip!

I'm just finishing my Statistics course this semester and will likely end with an A (although A+ is in reach so never know). I am doing an accelerated Health Policy degree in 2 years  (I have a previous BSc from over 4 years ago where I had poor grades) and my cGPA for this degree is 8.6 so far so I'm hopeful everything I've done lately will make up for the past!

Congrats again :) 

Hey guys! 

My name is Taylor and this is my second round applying for masters of public health. Right now my living situation is up in the air so I exclusively applied for MPH at Lakehead. I applied there last year so I can kind of shed light on timings. I got put on the waitlist last year and didn't hear back until April for a decision of a refusal. I was pretty close to getting in on the waitlist but unfortunately did not make it. I believe the first acceptances went out early-mid March. 

1 hour ago, taylormc said:

Hey guys! 

My name is Taylor and this is my second round applying for masters of public health. Right now my living situation is up in the air so I exclusively applied for MPH at Lakehead. I applied there last year so I can kind of shed light on timings. I got put on the waitlist last year and didn't hear back until April for a decision of a refusal. I was pretty close to getting in on the waitlist but unfortunately did not make it. I believe the first acceptances went out early-mid March. 

Whats your profile?

38 minutes ago, Emilia Marie said:

Whats your profile?

I graduated from Nipissing University with a BSc in Psychology, Minor in Biology and a Certificate in Neuroscience in 2017. I spent three years of my undergrad working as a lab assistant and eventually ended up doing my thesis in that lab as well. I also spent three years of my undergrad participating in societies, clubs, and volunteering. I was a TA for a year too. I went to two international conferences for my research. I did two full years of statistics courses and during my years in the lab ran data on my own experiments as well. My GPA took a fall in my third year due to personal circumstances but I remained at a 3.8 GPA for my second and fourth year. My GPA was 3.4 in third year but I've appealed that year in my letter of intent to the school.

Hope that helps a bit!

Hey! Has anyone heard from UofT’s OEH program? I had an interview last week and they said they would get back to me soon. Just wondering if anyone else has heard back from them. Very nervous and hopeful.