2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

On 10/23/2018 at 8:47 PM, Emily_Ww said:

Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this forum just from past searches of being on this route last year. I am currently doing my MPH at McMaster this year and if anyone has any questions about anything let me know. I know what the process is like and would be happy to help anyone out with questions :)

Hi!! Thanks so much for being willing to help! I was wondering, around when did you hear back from Mac? 

19 hours ago, bve5 said:

Does anyone know approximately when Western and Queen's will start sending out offers? 

Hi, I am an international applicant for MPH in western Ontario London. Got accepted to the program.recieved email from them today.still waiting to hear from Guelph. Best of luck.

SFU update:

Received an email from them today saying my application will go forward for review and they need me to submit my official transcripts.

2 hours ago, car. said:

SFU update:

Received an email from them today saying my application will go forward for review and they need me to submit my official transcripts.

congratulations.......

3 hours ago, car. said:

SFU update:

Are u a domestic applicant? pls share ur profile (pls excuse if u have already shared this previously)

7 hours ago, car. said:

SFU update:

Hi, were you not required to mail copies of official transcripts with your initial application? Maybe I was mistaken, but it said on their website that part of the required documents is to mail 2 hard copies of official transcripts.

2 minutes ago, Doma said:

Hi, were you not required to mail copies of official transcripts with your initial application? Maybe I was mistaken, but it said on their website that part of the required documents is to mail 2 hard copies of official transcripts.

Yes...sfu needs original transcript s... during application

1 hour ago, Doma said:

Hi,

I mailed two hard copies to them during the application! It also just so happened that they receive one of my transcripts before I could upload my version, at which point they told me it is no longer necessary for me to upload it. I guess once they had the hard copy they didn't need me to upload the transcript.

Best of luck to you! :) 

2 hours ago, Doma said:

1 hour ago, dentistdoc said:

Yes...sfu needs original transcript s... during application

52 minutes ago, alb83 said:

Hi,

I mailed two hard copies to them during the application! It also just so happened that they receive one of my transcripts before I could upload my version, at which point they told me it is no longer necessary for me to upload it. I guess once they had the hard copy they didn't need me to upload the transcript.

Best of luck to you! :) 

I was under the impression that you only needed to submit unofficial transcripts, and they'd request official copies if they decided to go through with your application. I'm fairly sure I called to ask them about this, but since I called many universities confirming this I can't remember 100% if SFU was one of them.

Either way, a good update for everyone that SFU is looking at applications and might start sending out emails soon! 

7 hours ago, dentistdoc said:

Are u a domestic applicant? pls share ur profile (pls excuse if u have already shared this previously)

Yes, I'm a domestic applicant. 

• BSc Global Health from UofT 2018
  • Experience volunteer in medical/public health brigade in Central America
  • Experience doing independent research in public health in Brazil
  • Currently volunteering at a school in the Northwest Territories
  • Unrelated experience - taught Portuguese for 8 years, exec member of a few clubs on campus

Applied to: U of Alberta (accepted, and I accepted my offer :)), Saskatchewan (accepted), SFU (under review), Lakehead

14 minutes ago, car. said:

Yes, I'm a domestic applicant. 

• BSc Global Health from UofT 2018
  • Experience volunteer in medical/public health brigade in Central America
  • Experience doing independent research in public health in Brazil
  • Currently volunteering at a school in the Northwest Territories
  • Unrelated experience - taught Portuguese for 8 years, exec member of a few clubs on campus

Applied to: U of Alberta (accepted, and I accepted my offer :)), Saskatchewan (accepted), SFU (under review), Lakehead

Have you been accepted by Lakeahead?

Just now, Emilia Marie said:

Have you been accepted by Lakeahead?

My application to them was incomplete because I had already heard back from Saskatchewan, which I preferred over Lakehead, so I didn't bother completing the application!

Just now, car. said:

My application to them was incomplete because I had already heard back from Saskatchewan, which I preferred over Lakehead, so I didn't bother completing the application!

which program were you accepted in saskatchewan? when were you notified that you were accepted? which date were you given as the deadline to accept the offer?

59 minutes ago, car. said:

I was under the impression that you only needed to submit unofficial transcripts, and they'd request official copies if they decided to go through with your application. I'm fairly sure I called to ask them about this, but since I called many universities confirming this I can't remember 100% if SFU was one of them.

Either way, a good update for everyone that SFU is looking at applications and might start sending out emails soon! 

That's what I thought...and then chose to send hard copies just in case. It wasn't totally clear to me whether this was to be part of the application process, or only if they ask for them. Either way, I think as long as they have something it should be okay (hopefully!)

Congrats on your offers! :) 

long time lurker here, but just got rejected from UofT for MPH in Occupational/Environmental

it was a longshot anyways, so I'm not too butt hurt

international but I currently go to uni in Canada, graduating in may 2019

33 minutes ago, lighght said:

long time lurker here, but just got rejected from UofT for MPH in Occupational/Environmental

it was a longshot anyways, so I'm not too butt hurt

international but I currently go to uni in Canada, graduating in may 2019

I am sorry to hear that, but u of t is very competitive, the hardest school?

2 hours ago, Dr Dee said:

hi guys, i have noticed that a lot of people here did not apply to U of M MPH program. please is there anything wrong with the school or program?

Nothing wrong with the program to my knowledge, but U of M seemed to have strict rules on which undergraduate degrees it would accept students from, most of which were professional degrees (medicine, pharmacy, nursing etc.). I have a BSc in microbiology so I figured I wouldn't make the cut. Also, I've visited Winnipeg and I couldn't picture myself living there. Good luck with your application!