2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

44 minutes ago, Amy Sid said:

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances! I haven't received an email from Brock yet, but my status says "Admitted" on the portal so I'm super confused. Is this just me?

I also got into Brock as well. You will probably get an email tomorrow when the school opens or later this week. I’m a current student at Brock as well so let me know if you have any questions. 

I will be accepting my Brock offer!

Edited by haylz

1 hour ago, haylz said:

I also got into Brock as well. You will probably get an email tomorrow when the school opens or later this week. I’m a current student at Brock as well so let me know if you have any questions. 

I will be accepting my Brock offer!

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to getting the email because that'll definitely feel more official! I'm still waiting on some responses before I decide, but this was definitely good news to receive today! ?

In regards to questions, I have heard this program is fairly new, and I'm curious to know how it'll run since it's also a distance program. Do you happen to know anything about how the program is generally, placement opportunities (I'm assuming they'll be ones close to where you live since we needed to mention that in our SOI), and how it would compare to a traditional 2-year MPH program? 

25 minutes ago, Amy Sid said:

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to getting the email because that'll definitely feel more official! I'm still waiting on some responses before I decide, but this was definitely good news to receive today! ?

In regards to questions, I have heard this program is fairly new, and I'm curious to know how it'll run since it's also a distance program. Do you happen to know anything about how the program is generally, placement opportunities (I'm assuming they'll be ones close to where you live since we needed to mention that in our SOI), and how it would compare to a traditional 2-year MPH program? 

I sent you a message because I had a lot to say haha

15 hours ago, dknyy18897 said:

Congratsss. I got accepted to western university too. The mph in western uni is a bit intense, i'm wondering if u r interested in studying Mph concentrating on leadership skill?

No I’d like to do international child health program development. I got accepted to UofA, SFU, and LSHTM as well but I chose western as it’s closer to home and works better for my life right now. It seems worth it but I’m willing to give it a shot!

I don't know, why international students r not getting offers.

I can understand seats are very less for them but still if some  domestics students can give any insight into it...so that v can improve things for next time.

3 hours ago, tiffanychristine said:

No I’d like to do international child health program development. I got accepted to UofA, SFU, and LSHTM as well but I chose western as it’s closer to home and works better for my life right now. It seems worth it but I’m willing to give it a shot!

congrats to you again!

6 hours ago, dentistdoc said:

I can understand seats are very less for them but still if some  domestics students can give any insight into it...so that v can improve things for next time.

All we can do now is pray. Hope for the best

6 hours ago, dentistdoc said:

To be honest it's hard to compare educational and work background of domestic and international students. Since our grading is done differently and your work experience depends entirely on where you are located. 

I am pretty sure lot of students that apply are all brilliant and have something to contribute. It's just hard to judge what the admission committee is looking for. All we can do is hope for the best and keep trying :)

I see the offers have started coming in for few. Congrats to those who got into their respective schools!! 

Good luck to those who are still waiting (like me) to hear something positive ? aaahhh so nervous ?

Hi, I am an international student from india, currently resident of USA. I got accepted from western university, got rejected from UOA and waiting for Guelphs decision.i applied only three universities but thankfully I have at least one offer with me.... hope this helps dentist doc?.... best of luck international students will hear soon??...

18 minutes ago, RAN 1408 said:

Hi, I am an international student from india, currently resident of USA. I got accepted from western university, got rejected from UOA and waiting for Guelphs decision.i applied only three universities but thankfully I have at least one offer with me.... hope this helps dentist doc?.... best of luck international students will hear soon??...

Have also applied to 3 Universities that is U of A, USask and  Lakehead but no offer yet, still waiting.

1 hour ago, RAN 1408 said:

Thanks.....I too from India.

Some how ..due to fees factors I didn't applied to Western.

10 hours ago, dentistdoc said:

Hang in there; I am an international student and I was accepted to my school of choice last week. It’s hard to say how they base everything, but know that acceptance letters for certain schools will continue to go out from now until May. Don’t lose hope! :)