2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

20 minutes ago, GoddessofMoons said:

Hang in there; I am an international student and I was accepted to my school of choice last week. It’s hard to say how they base everything, but know that acceptance letters for certain schools will continue to go out from now until May. Don’t lose hope! :) 

congratulations...and thank you for the positivity.

3 hours ago, RAN 1408 said:

Hi, I am an international student from india, currently resident of USA. I got accepted from western university, got rejected from UOA and waiting for Guelphs decision.i applied only three universities but thankfully I have at least one offer with me.... hope this helps dentist doc?.... best of luck international students will hear soon??...

Whats your profile?

On 3/15/2019 at 9:07 PM, audients said:

Just got accepted to Queens MPH and University of Victoria MPH.

congratulations, thats amazing!! Could you please share your profile? :) i'm still waiting on results and I'm a ball of anxiety and nervousness haha

On 3/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, HPRO said:

Received acceptance from UVic yesterday afternoon! Congrats to those who did as well! :) 

Congratulations!!!! thats amazing!! if you can, can you share your profile??

On 3/17/2019 at 1:08 PM, Giggledthemonster said:

Hi all!

I received acceptances from McMaster MPH and UBC MPH, and I'm still waiting on UofT MPH. I know that UofT sends out acceptances late April/early May. Does anyone know if there are any repercussions for accepting a program now, and then switching into a different one when I hear back from another school? Reason I ask is because I've heard that for medical schools, if you accept one school your name is removed from the pool and you can't accept another school if you hear from them later on. Does anyone know if Masters programs do something similar?

I'm also wondering about the same thing. I've tried to search it up but the answers are mixed, and I couldn't find a definite answer anywhere :(

36 minutes ago, mph2019 said:

Has anyone received a rejection from UBC? Domestic students. 

Im a domestic student and still waiting to hear back from UBC MPH. according to last year's thread, UBC sent out the 1st round of offers the 2nd-week of March. and after that its mostly rejections or wait lists. so I'm expecting a rejection from UBC anytime now. :( 

55 minutes ago, lulu2019 said:

just received a rejection from UBC MPH on the portal as well

I can't believe this! You have such amazing stats..

I also applied to UBC MPH. waiting for a rejection any minute now.

I have good marks (3.87/4.0 GPA) but not the greatest experience. I only have experience working in hospitals (HELP program) and retirement communities. 

7 minutes ago, ritsmph said:

I can't believe this! You have such amazing stats..

I also applied to UBC MPH. waiting for a rejection any minute now.

I have good marks (3.87/4.0 GPA) but not the greatest experience. I only have experience working in hospitals (HELP program) and retirement communities. 

UBC is slightly different as they do only look at 300/400 level courses. 
I know for myself, due to transferring schools and completing an exchange and a practicum placement, I didn't have many of those courses for them to look at. 

3 hours ago, mph2019 said:

Has anyone received a rejection from UBC? Domestic students. 

No... I just want them to reject me already to finish this darn cycle.

Not domestic but I currently go to UBC.

how long would you say it usually takes for a school to process your official transcript and update the information in the application portal? i received confirmation that my transcripts reached the school whose offer i accepted, but i'm not sure how long it takes for it to update in the portal.