2019 MPH CANADA

DAM

On 3/18/2019 at 12:57 PM, hiitscam said:

congratulations, thats amazing!! Could you please share your profile? :) i'm still waiting on results and I'm a ball of anxiety and nervousness haha

Hi! I am still an undergraduate student at the moment  and I have a 3.7GPA in my 3rd year and my 4th year is all full year courses so I'm not too sure about how GPA is calculated. I volunteer mentoring for kids that I did since September 2018 and I also volunteer with the Heart and Stroke Foundation since September 2018 as well. Previously, I volunteered at Autism awareness centres. I am doing a Bachelor in Health Studies so all/most of my courses are about public health. I am going to University of Toronto and so I declined UVic and Queens. I hope you get in! :)

10 hours ago, audients said:

Hi! I am still an undergraduate student at the moment  and I have a 3.7GPA in my 3rd year and my 4th year is all full year courses so I'm not too sure about how GPA is calculated. I volunteer mentoring for kids that I did since September 2018 and I also volunteer with the Heart and Stroke Foundation since September 2018 as well. Previously, I volunteered at Autism awareness centres. I am doing a Bachelor in Health Studies so all/most of my courses are about public health. I am going to University of Toronto and so I declined UVic and Queens. I hope you get in! :)

once again, congratulations and thank you!

13 hours ago, skvans13 said:

I am hoping to learn a little bit more about the 1-year Brock MPH program as well. If it is not too much to ask, would you be able to share/message me any information or thoughts you have about the program? It would really help me with making my decision on which program I should choose! 

Feel free to send me a message with your questions :)

Has anyone heard back from UBC SPPH for the MPH? I'm surprised it's taken this long considering some of their graduate programs that require interviews have already sent out acceptance/rejection notice...

I'm a 2017 BKin grad from UBC and have so far been accepted to the MPH in Epi at U of T and the MPH in Sociomedical Sciences at Columbia University (NYC- not Canada, I know...) with a certificate in chronic disease prevention through the epi department.

I would hope that based on where I've been accepted that UBC has good news to come my way, but who knows when we'll hear ?‍♀️...

3 hours ago, Sarah FR said:

Has anyone heard back from UBC SPPH for the MPH? I'm surprised it's taken this long considering some of their graduate programs that require interviews have already sent out acceptance/rejection notice...

I'm a 2017 BKin grad from UBC and have so far been accepted to the MPH in Epi at U of T and the MPH in Sociomedical Sciences at Columbia University (NYC- not Canada, I know...) with a certificate in chronic disease prevention through the epi department.

I would hope that based on where I've been accepted that UBC has good news to come my way, but who knows when we'll hear ?‍♀️...

yooo Columbia is amazing! are you going to go??

56 minutes ago, lighght said:

yooo Columbia is amazing! are you going to go??

I'm torn as tuition is approximately 3-4 times what it costs at U of T... The exchange rate isn't really helping these days.

I went to visit on Admitted Students Day on March 1, and loved learning how interdisciplinary their curriculum is, despite the fact that we're in departments. As well, the faculty are more than willing to go out of their way to support you, offer you research opportunities, and refer you to colleagues. That, and the NYC Department of Health is the world's biggest department of health (bigger than all of BC's health authorities combined I'm assuming...), they have multiple career fairs, and employers go out of their way to ask Columbia to send them grads for work!

BUT that's just a private school trying to really convince us to attend.

6 hours ago, Sarah FR said:

Congratulations! Just wondering when you heard back from U of T? Haven't received any news yet and wondering if this is indicative of a rejection :(

1 hour ago, Sarah FR said:

I'm torn as tuition is approximately 3-4 times what it costs at U of T... The exchange rate isn't really helping these days.

I went to visit on Admitted Students Day on March 1, and loved learning how interdisciplinary their curriculum is, despite the fact that we're in departments. As well, the faculty are more than willing to go out of their way to support you, offer you research opportunities, and refer you to colleagues. That, and the NYC Department of Health is the world's biggest department of health (bigger than all of BC's health authorities combined I'm assuming...), they have multiple career fairs, and employers go out of their way to ask Columbia to send them grads for work!

BUT that's just a private school trying to really convince us to attend.

Do you think you'd go to UBC if they accepted you?

Could someone help me. I am an international student. Last year I got a rejection from UoS for MPH Epidemiology. I guess because of statistics. I want to do an online statistics before applying again this year. Please could someone help me with how I can do an online statistics. Thanks

On 3/9/2019 at 4:51 AM, dentistgirl16 said:

Thank you for information. I have one question. How did you fulfil requirement of statistic in some universities? because in our bachelor, statistic wasn't included as a subject.

Hello. Please have you gotten any idea about fulfilling the statistics requirements. I also didn't do it in my university. Thanks