Low GRE Score and I want to apply to Grad school

Mellymk

Hello everyone,

I am kinda freaking out right now because idk if I will get accepted into an SLP Master's Program. I know that it's a very competitive field and I don't have the best statuses. Here are my stats, Overall GPA 3.3, Major GPA 3.5, GRE: 139V 142Q 3.0AW (I know its bad Dx). I am planning to retake the GRE one more time before August and hoping to get in the 150's (I've been using Magoosh and it's been helping. The practice tests say I would probably score 145-150, but I still have a month til my test). I currently live in Nevada and there's only one Master's program here. 

I am currently looking at these schools: Old Dominion, Hampton University, distance programs such as Nova and NYU Steinfield, Louisiana State University, Arizona State University, etc. If you applied or was accepted can you tell me how you like it and if I have a chance of being accepted. 

Thank you everyone~

Edited by Mellymk

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2018 at 11:26 AM, Mellymk said:

Hello everyone,

I am kinda freaking out right now because idk if I will get accepted into an SLP Master's Program. I know that it's a very competitive field and I don't have the best statuses. Here are my stats, Overall GPA 3.3, Major GPA 3.5, GRE: 139V 142Q 3.0AW (I know its bad Dx). I am planning to retake the GRE one more time before August and hoping to get in the 150's (I've been using Magoosh and it's been helping. The practice tests say I would probably score 145-150, but I still have a month til my test). I currently live in Nevada and there's only one Master's program here. 

I am currently looking at these schools: Old Dominion, Hampton University, distance programs such as Nova and NYU Steinfield, Louisiana State University, Arizona State University, etc. If you applied or was accepted can you tell me how you like it and if I have a chance of being accepted. 

Thank you everyone~

Have you heard anything back from anyone yet? I had similar stats and was accepted to Hampton. 

Major GPA: 3.4,  GRE: 141V  141Q   4.0AW.  I applied to Idaho State University with those stats and got accepted.  I know it's hard, but try not to put so much pressure on yourself.  It adds stress and your scores and grades are NOT everything.  Work on maintaining your grades as well as building your resume.  Best of luck to you!! 

On 7/18/2018 at 4:37 PM, reidmagg said:

Major GPA: 3.4,  GRE: 141V  141Q   4.0AW.  I applied to Idaho State University with those stats and got accepted.  I know it's hard, but try not to put so much pressure on yourself.  It adds stress and your scores and grades are NOT everything.  Work on maintaining your grades as well as building your resume.  Best of luck to you!! 

the GRE is just a part of the entire package that they will consider in their admission decision! fret not!

On 7/18/2018 at 4:37 AM, reidmagg said:

Thank you so much ❤️ I love hearing about others experiences and I really appreciate the motivation! ❤️