2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

1 hour ago, sbaringer said:

Is there any way to add to the Results section? 

Go to the results page (https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/), up top the second heading is "submit your results". Is this what you wanted to ask? If you're talking about an already submitted result (to add a comment e.g.), I don't know if it's possible.

5 hours ago, ebv21 said:

Did anyone else apply to Harvard Virology? I haven’t received an update on my application from the program. I’ve thought of emailing the program but I’d like to first see if anyone else on the forum has received an interview invitation.

Hey I’ve applied for the PhD programme in Virology as an international student from the UK and still haven’t heard anything back from them. Have you received an interview. I’m not sure if because I am international do I hear later or if all the interviews have been sent out already. Ive emailed few days ago but still yet to hear back from anyone.

3 hours ago, bio applicant said:

Did any international students receive interview yet? Are they sent out later?

Are you asking about a specific school or program? In general there are plenty of international students who posted their interview invites in the Results section, both U and I categories (with or without a most current degree in the US). I have received 2 interview invites out of 14 programs applied (all immunology or umbrella programs containing immunology). Whether invites are sent separately for different applicant pools probably depends on the specific program.

9 minutes ago, DRMF said:

Are you asking about a specific school or program? In general there are plenty of international students who posted their interview invites in the Results section, both U and I categories (with or without a most current degree in the US). I have received 2 interview invites out of 14 programs applied (all immunology or umbrella programs containing immunology). Whether invites are sent separately for different applicant pools probably depends on the specific program.

I’ve just applied to Harvard Virology! Thanks for this

Edited by Emmet

Need advice: I confirmed Jan. 31st interview weekend with Yale (I don't know the alternative weekend dates for Yale); then chose Feb. 21st weekend with UCSD (the alternative was Jan. 31st weekend), and now I got an invitation from UCSF (Jan. 31st OR Feb. 21st) -  which are both conflicting with the other two weekends.

I'm not sure if I can ask Yale for another weekend OR should I ask UCSF for a skype interview? Does anybody know Yale interview weekend dates?

Thanks in advance! Also congrats everyone who's been getting interviews!! 

1 hour ago, EAbiology said:

Need advice: I confirmed Jan. 31st interview weekend with Yale (I don't know the alternative weekend dates for Yale); then chose Feb. 21st weekend with UCSD (the alternative was Jan. 31st weekend), and now I got an invitation from UCSF (Jan. 31st OR Feb. 21st) -  which are both conflicting with the other two weekends.

I'm not sure if I can ask Yale for another weekend OR should I ask UCSF for a skype interview? Does anybody know Yale interview weekend dates?

This doesn’t answer your question but which UCSD program is this? Neuro?

1 hour ago, EAbiology said:

Yale's interview weekends varies from track to track. This year's recruitment schedule can be found on the FAQ page of Yale BBS program: https://medicine.yale.edu/bbs/apply/faq.aspx

Best of luck with your interviews!

Has anyone who applied to Vandy's IGP (priority deadline) for Immunology or Host-Microbe heard back? Haven't heard anything. I saw that someone received a phone invite today but not sure if anyone else had heard back.

Have interviews at emory and UNC, very excited!

Did anyone hear from WashU/WUSTL from the Biophysics, Biochemistry, and Structural Biology division? I only saw an interview offer to an international student so far... 

Edited by Yoshi19

9 hours ago, maya123z said:

Ah I’m waiting on them now. Any idea if they’re calling more people tomorrow?

Not sure, but it looks like people were still receiving interviews yesterday (mine came in on Sunday evening). So I think there is still definitely hope. 

You know the drill. Did anyone else apply for Fall 2019? If so, have you heard back about interview dates? 

I know it's early to freak out about not having received any emails from them, but what can I say, I'm naturally very anxious ^_^ Any scrap of information would be great, haha.