2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

Anyone hear from EEB or CEB? I accidentally stumbled into a lit PhD results page where they were discussing fake early results in the results section. The results section said invited were sent out 12/15 and they’re only taking 4 people. Holding out hope that’s not true!

Since it has been more than 6 weeks since I submitted, and it has almost been 6 weeks since the deadline, I feel I should send out an inquiry email. However, I don't have the slightest clue how to ask. I am so worried that no matter what I do I'm just going to look needy or impatient or nosey. 

19 hours ago, BDancey said:

Should I send thank you emails after interviews?
Just finished my interview at a biomedicine program. I talked to the interviewers for 30 minutes and the weekend was spent with other faculty members, students, and "upperclassmen". 
I don't want it to seem tacky or want to seem insincere

I am. It's a nice touch. In my program they suggest we do. Just thanks for your time and stuff not a whole essay.

I have two questions.

Harvard BBS Interview - does it matter what interview weekend one goes to? I have selected the February one (as an international applicant, need some time to sort out visa etc) but was worried many places would have already been given out to students attending the January interviews

MIT Biology / Stanford Biosciences Interview - has anyone received interview invites / rejections from these programs yet?

On 1/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, 098549039 said:

Does anybody know if Stanford Biosciences is done sending invites for all 14 Home Programs?

I don't think so. They were supposed to send out the official email (from Biosciences, not the individual depts) on Friday, but they did not. I take that to mean that some home programs are still sending invites and that's why the main official email hasn't gone out yet. 

18 hours ago, BrdNerd said:

Anyone hear from EEB or CEB? I accidentally stumbled into a lit PhD results page where they were discussing fake early results in the results section. The results section said invited were sent out 12/15 and they’re only taking 4 people. Holding out hope that’s not true!

The invite I got was from the Molecular biosciences (not the specific sub-divisions within that), so I assume EEB/ CEB will both come from the Darwinian Sciences dept. I did get the email on 12/10 though so they got around to sending stuff out real quick. Would also be really surprised if they were only inviting four people. 

On 1/9/2019 at 10:20 PM, IMiD00 said:

I was told I'd be contacted by the end of this week.

Any update on this? I signed up for the second interview weekend but still haven't heard anything back about travel and I'm starting to get concerned.

1 hour ago, kayjayz said:

Any update on this? I signed up for the second interview weekend but still haven't heard anything back about travel and I'm starting to get concerned.

You'll probably get an email from the travel agency a week before your interview date. I wouldn't worry about it. They seem to be on top of it.

2 hours ago, CancerBiology said:

Are we supposed to hear back from Stanford Biomedical Sciences this week? Has anybody else applied to Cancer bio? In such case, have you heard back? I saw from other years that some interviews were sent out today!

I have applied to Cancer biology as well. Still waiting!

Hi all,

currently on the waitlist for UCSD Biology interviews! All the interview slots filled up and I’m desperate - if you’re not considering UCSD anymore please contact me about trading your slot if possible! This is my top choice school and I’m freaking out about not being able to interview 

my emails is rasbassil@gmail.com

Edited by fireandreina

On 1/13/2019 at 5:55 AM, thesophophile said:

I have two questions.

Harvard BBS Interview - does it matter what interview weekend one goes to? I have selected the February one (as an international applicant, need some time to sort out visa etc) but was worried many places would have already been given out to students attending the January interviews

MIT Biology / Stanford Biosciences Interview - has anyone received interview invites / rejections from these programs yet?

Re: Harvard BBS interview. It doesn't matter which weekend you choose. Typically, there are fewer recruits the second weekend, but they try to admit the same percentage of students both weekends. 

6 hours ago, fireandreina said:

Hi all,

currently on the waitlist for UCSD Biology interviews! All the interview slots filled up and I’m desperate - if you’re not considering UCSD anymore please contact me about trading your slot if possible! This is my top choice school and I’m freaking out about not being able to interview 

my emails is rasbassil@gmail.com

Are you also looking for the second interview weekend  (Feb 21-24) at UCSD? I got wait listed as well. 

53 minutes ago, curious_who said:

Are you also looking for the second interview weekend  (Feb 21-24) at UCSD? I got wait listed as well. 

Hi! May I ask how did you know that you got wait listed? I also applied to UCSD Division of Biology, my status has always been “under review” and I never heard from them.

14 minutes ago, MLC2019 said:

Has anyone who received the Stanford DevBio interview invitation in December gotten the follow up information packet yet, by mail or email?

Nope. The department contact said I would get the follow-up email on the 11th - I think it's just taking longer to get invites out than they expected.

46 minutes ago, Agingbiology said:

Hi! May I ask how did you know that you got wait listed? I also applied to UCSD Division of Biology, my status has always been “under review” and I never heard from them.

Yeah on the website it says under review but I just got a text from one of the PIs asking if I can come the first week but I cannot. Apparently the second week is overbooked.