2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

On 12/31/2018 at 9:06 PM, StemCellBio2019 said:

Has anyone heard back from Weill Cornell about travel arrangements? They mentioned I would be contacted by Altour International to set up travel arrangements but I haven't been contacted yet. 

I have the same question -- no email from Altour yet, in either inbox or spam.

I also never received any kind of confirmation that I had submitted the SurveyMonkey electronic response card. The only email I have so far related to the Weill Cornell interview weekend is the initial one from Dec. 21. So I worry a bit that the SurveyMonkey form did not go through. :-/

Edited by MJB100

1 hour ago, MJB100 said:

I have the same question -- no email from Altour yet, in either inbox or spam.

I also never received any kind of confirmation that I had submitted the SurveyMonkey electronic response card. The only email I have so far related to the Weill Cornell interview weekend is the initial one from Dec. 21. So I worry a bit that the SurveyMonkey form did not go through. :-/

I had the same worry so I emailed Weill Cornell this morning to see if they had received the SurveyMonkey. They responded pretty quickly and verified that they had received my response and also informed me that applicants have not heard from Altour because the deadline to respond is today. We should be hearing from Altour in the next few days!

34 minutes ago, JC153 said:

I had the same worry so I emailed Weill Cornell this morning to see if they had received the SurveyMonkey. They responded pretty quickly and verified that they had received my response and also informed me that applicants have not heard from Altour because the deadline to respond is today. We should be hearing from Altour in the next few days!

Thank you! 

On 1/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, EAbiology said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Washington (Seattle) Pharmacology program and/or UPenn Pharmacology? 

My friend in Harvard just got an interview on 12/31. This program only takes very few students, I'm afraid they sent out interviews all at once. Good luck in other programs!

47 minutes ago, Madison17 said:

Does anyone know if Vanderbilt IGP is done sending out invites? I saw people got interviews pretty early on but their site says they do them in small batches so I'm just curious. 

When I spoke to the Dean a few weeks back, he mentioned that they went through about 600 applications the first round, then had to look at another 300 or so around the holidays. I'm hoping after their next adcomm meeting next Monday that more will go out. Especially if they didn't have meetings the previous two Mondays. 

2 hours ago, Madison17 said:

Does anyone know if Vanderbilt IGP is done sending out invites? I saw people got interviews pretty early on but their site says they do them in small batches so I'm just curious. 

When I got to select my weekend, I saw dates well into March. There's still hope!

15 hours ago, Madison17 said:

They said they would have decisions out by mid-January - they have interview dates through March so they have a little more time to send out invites. I wouldn't worry yet!

On 1/4/2019 at 3:10 PM, EnchantedR said:

My friend in Harvard just got an interview on 12/31. This program only takes very few students, I'm afraid they sent out interviews all at once. Good luck in other programs!

did your friend hear from WashU? or UPenn?  Thanks!!!

29 minutes ago, pexygalax said:

Has anyone who requested Feb 7 interview weekend with Harvard BBS got a confirmation response?

Yes, from Anne O'Shea about 4 hours after I registered.

Edited by hankers
forgot to quote

2 hours ago, hankers said:

Yes, from Anne O'Shea about 4 hours after I registered.

I got one from her as well but about the reimbursement, not my registration. I registered the Wednesday before the break so I don't know if they are still looking through registrations or they just forgot/overlooked my registration. I will definitely email her again then. Thank you for the response!

Edit: now i'm freaking out that somehow they missed my registration and thought i wasn't coming (the deadline to submit registration was Jan 2)... ughhh

Edited by pexygalax

I’m waiting on word from the University of South Carolina (Clinical-Community Psych, PhD) and Georgia Tech (Cognition and Brain Science). I’m almost positive they’re both rejections now. I’m dying to know something. Have the interview invites already been sent out?

Hi, i am a current undergraduate student at UC Davis and I want to attend the masters program for BioTech at SJSU. My GPA is slightly lower than a 3.0. I was wondering what else I would need to be able to get into this program. Like what GRE score I would need and how much work experience etc. Thank you. 

Does anyone have information on UC Davis "Bio Sub-Group" admission process? Are the interviews mostly based over skype or are skype interviews usually followed by an in-person meet and greet? ... (I've searched over decision responses that have been posted by people, from recent as well as previous years, and though they are indicating that they received an email for an interview, they aren't mentioning the format or if they had two interviews ect, so curious to see if anyone knows more)

Edited by Animis

I emailed the program contact for Northwestern DGP and she informed me (as of December 21) that some interviews had already been sent out, but there are still some spaces left.  She hoped to have all the invitations out by early January at the latest.  

Is it still early January? Do I still have a chance? Has anyone heard anything about the DGP program? Am I going crazy? (yes)