2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

Anyone knows that did Princeton Molecular Biology send out several waves of interview invitations or only a single huge batch?
I saw someones have received invitations via phone calls in the result section. (Several ones even got it before 12/10!)
Does anyone know the dates of the interview weekends?

Edited by BiologistTW30

Had anyone response from Uni. of Toronto Molecular Genetics?

I am an international student with faculty sponsor.

To what I found from gradcafe database, they should already release the first round result.

But I still haven't got any message from them whatever accepted or rejected...

Just checked my spam emails and saw one entitled "BBSP Interview Weekend" and it's sent by BBSP Admissions bbspadmissions@unc.edu via adminliveunc.onmicrosoft.com on Dec 21.

Is this legit or spam? I wanted to contact them but they are out of the office until Jan 2 and thought it might be easier to get an answer here.

6 minutes ago, pexygalax said:

Just checked my spam emails and saw one entitled "BBSP Interview Weekend" and it's sent by BBSP Admissions bbspadmissions@unc.edu via adminliveunc.onmicrosoft.com on Dec 21.

Is this legit or spam? I wanted to contact them but they are out of the office until Jan 2 and thought it might be easier to get an answer here.

That e-mail address and that interview invitation are legit! (I can attest to this because I received one as well, haha.) Be sure to respond by the deadline listed in the e-mail (if your deadline is December 28 - I suppose it could be different for each interview weekend)!

Congratulations!!

Edited by rettelthgin

10 minutes ago, rettelthgin said:

That e-mail address and that interview invitation are legit! (I can attest to this because I received one as well, haha.) Be sure to respond by the deadline listed in the e-mail (if your deadline is December 28 - I suppose it could be different for each interview weekend)!

Congratulations!!

Great! Thank you!

16 hours ago, Benjamin977 said:

Anyone got news from John Hopkins BCMB and UTSW?:blink:   I found few interview posts about them... I am an international student.

Yes. Got an invite for UTSW in neuro 7 days ago exactly. Dates are all in Jan. From the 10th weekend but not all programs are available each of the 3 weekends. For neuro, it's only the 10th and 31st

On 12/18/2018 at 10:07 PM, cidmeister said:

WUSTL is Washington University in St. Louis yes? One of my lab mates applied there and she was told that final decisions for all applicants are made by mid March. So I'd only be worried if you don't hear back from the program before late Feb. 

Edit: It seems like most schools do small batches of applications reviews. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

They're sending out some rejections already tho. Just got one today!

On 12/15/2018 at 4:07 PM, MahmoudA said:

Hello! I noticed UNC's BBSP sent out two waves of interview notifications. I was wondering what departments the people who got interviews applied for. I am curious if different departments' admissions committees within BBSP notify applicants separately or does BBSP have its own separate committee. Thank you! 

When you get the invite, they will ask for 10-15 faculty interests. It is not by program just BBSP as a whole. You can rotate in different disciplines, and don't have to have your mind all made up right now.

On 12/26/2018 at 1:00 PM, Benjamin977 said:

Anyone got news from John Hopkins BCMB and UTSW?:blink:   I found few interview posts about them... I am an international student.

I'm also an international student and I haven't heard anything from JHU. Have you got any interviews yet?

1 hour ago, maya123z said:

Has anyone who accepted an interview with UNC BBSP heard back about travel arrangements? They mentioned the weather was creating delays but it's been a couple of weeks since then.

DId you send your W9 form? There was a secure email - the W9 is needed prior to arrangements. I had said I would attend in mid Dec and was sent flights by maupin travel on Dec 20. (I've since dropped out for UNC, so I don't have any more info past that as I ended up declining my offer on the 20th)

Edited by aspiringscientist

11 hours ago, ebv21 said:

Has anyone heard from Stanford Microbiology and Immunology? I saw one post in the results section which stated an interview invitation was received on December 18.

not for Micro and immuno, but I did hear back from Dev Bio program within Biosciences. However, it seemed very clear in the email that they weren't finished. On the Stanford Biosciences Website it says interview invitations are not sent out until the week of Jan 7, and that you should hear back but the end of january. The interview weekend for all Biosciences home programs is Feb27 to Feb3

28 minutes ago, aspiringscientist said:

DId you send your W9 form? There was a secure email - the W9 is needed prior to arrangements. I had said I would attend in mid Dec and was sent flights by maupin travel on Dec 20. (I've since dropped out for UNC, so I don't have any more info past that as I ended up declining my offer on the 20th)

I sent my W9 a few weeks ago but haven't gotten anything from Maupin. I'll follow up with them. Thanks!