2019 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

carboniscool

3 hours ago, ClayR said:

Any news on Harvard programs (specifically Systems Bio)? Patiently awaiting, expecting news today based on previous years...

I heard from them yesterday afternoon by email. They have two interview weekends though, so they might be sending invites through January.

26 minutes ago, biophys123 said:

I heard from them yesterday afternoon by email. They have two interview weekends though, so they might be sending invites through January.

I’m trying to decide whether or not I can accept some other interviews, do you know the dates of the two weekends?

6 hours ago, aichilizi said:

Does anyone know Penn CAMB has sent out all the invites?

The public calendar on their web says there were two admission committee meeting on 12/12 and 12/13. 

I applied for MVP track and have not heard back yet.  Does anyone have insider information?

Thanks!

I am also waiting on Penn CAMB and reached out to my contact there. He said that the CAMB program as a whole got nearly double the number of applicants as last year, so it was crazy competitive. I applied to G&E, not MVP, but it sounded like they've made their decisions and if you haven't heard anything, you probably didn't get an interview. 

I'm bummed, it was my top choice. I wish they'd just send the rejection if that's what they're going to do. 

I hope the rest of your results turn out better than this! 

I got an interview invitation from Human Genetics Program under molecular biosciences cluster at Dec 10th. I think different programs are operating on different timeline. Good luck with your application!

1 hour ago, NuclearBlebs said:

I am also waiting on Penn CAMB and reached out to my contact there. He said that the CAMB program as a whole got nearly double the number of applicants as last year, so it was crazy competitive. I applied to G&E, not MVP, but it sounded like they've made their decisions and if you haven't heard anything, you probably didn't get an interview. 

I'm bummed, it was my top choice. I wish they'd just send the rejection if that's what they're going to do. 

I hope the rest of your results turn out better than this! 

Thanks! Seems I get rejected from Penn.

14 hours ago, AcePlace said:

Thanks so much! I just have a friend that already heard back from UAB, but it was a different program and like you said, the application isn't even closed yet. 

Ha! Sleep is hard to come by, but it was worth it haha 

I would love to get into Vandy, but I'll be patient haha and I will update if I hear from them! 

The waiting game is just killer. But I don't expect to hear anything over the next week or so so I will try to put it out of my mind until after the holidays. Thanks so much for words of encouragement. I will try to stop stressing :) 

Yeah waiting has been hard for me too. I think everyone panics after hitting that submit button, you never feel good enough etc. I've tried to dedicate time to self care or exploring new hobbies. It really has taken my mind off of the "omg no one is gonna give me an interview." thoughts.

I totally believe in you! Please lmk if you get Vandy or UAB. Maybe we'll be on the same interview weekend! :) I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas (if you celebrate) and NYE.