Fall 2019 Phd Social Work /Welfare

Number4

On 1/3/2019 at 9:07 PM, royerful0 said:

Thank you, Noegenesis & briefinterviews !

Your positive feedback is really helpful for people like me in the waiting game.  

PS: The school I am applying to includes: Uni of Minnesota, Michigan State U, CUNY, & NYU

(Which school did you apply for? Thx u so much)

Let us know if you hear anything back! 

Hi guys,

I am starting this thread to get a sense of how everyone else is doing for their PhD application this year. I applied for 5 programs and my dream school is UW-Seattle. The program at UCLA is also attracting. The interview invitations will be out in early to mid Feb according to admission assistant.

1 hour ago, winni said:

Hi guys,

I am starting this thread to get a sense of how everyone else is doing for their PhD application this year. I applied for 5 programs and my dream school is UW-Seattle. The program at UCLA is also attracting. The interview invitations will be out in early to mid Feb according to admission assistant.

Hello! There is already a thread here:

Best of luck with your applications!

I just learned that my uni accepts only 6 students every year. I'm really surprised, I thought we'd be at least 20 in my cohort. I was told that the program is really hard to get in. I'm really lucky to have made the cut to the only university I have applied in. 

6 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I just learned that my uni accepts only 6 students every year. I'm really surprised, I thought we'd be at least 20 in my cohort. I was told that the program is really hard to get in. I'm really lucky to have made the cut to the only university I have applied in.  

Congratulations again! Must be a very elite cohort of students. Do you know how many applied?

Just now, Noegenesis said:

Congratulations again! Must be a very elite cohort of students. Do you know how many applied?

I don't know how many applied and the person I was talking with about this didn't know as well. But he told me that many many people apply. I did not realize it was so difficult to get into this program! I'm really happy that I made it! 

12 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I don't know how many applied and the person I was talking with about this didn't know as well. But he told me that many many people apply. I did not realize it was so difficult to get into this program! I'm really happy that I made it!  

Keep us updated on how your funding/scholarships turn out~ ?

On 1/3/2019 at 9:07 PM, royerful0 said:

Thank you, Noegenesis & briefinterviews !

Your positive feedback is really helpful for people like me in the waiting game.  

PS: The school I am applying to includes: Uni of Minnesota, Michigan State U, CUNY, & NYU

(Which school did you apply for? Thx u so much)

Did u hear anything from Nyu?

Great to see a thread for this year! I've applied to University of Denver (DU), Michigan State University (MSU), and University of Maryland-Baltimore (UMB), but haven't really seen many others who've applied to those schools or with updated information. 

At this point, I've had a zoom interview with the PhD Committee (well, half of them; they recorded the interview and plan to play it for the rest of the committee) at DU. When I spoke to the program coordinator at UMB, she told me I would probably hear back around the end of February and to reach out around that time if I have not. I've been in frequent contact with professors, deans for doctoral education, and current PhD students at both DU and UMB over the past 6ish months. Haven't heard anything from MSU yet, but seems like it might be around mid-Feb. before I really hear any decisions. 

Anyone else heard back from any of these schools by chance? Also, GOOD LUCK OUT THERE! :)

5 hours ago, MCC778 said:

Great to see a thread for this year! I've applied to University of Denver (DU), Michigan State University (MSU), and University of Maryland-Baltimore (UMB), but haven't really seen many others who've applied to those schools or with updated information. 

At this point, I've had a zoom interview with the PhD Committee (well, half of them; they recorded the interview and plan to play it for the rest of the committee) at DU. When I spoke to the program coordinator at UMB, she told me I would probably hear back around the end of February and to reach out around that time if I have not. I've been in frequent contact with professors, deans for doctoral education, and current PhD students at both DU and UMB over the past 6ish months. Haven't heard anything from MSU yet, but seems like it might be around mid-Feb. before I really hear any decisions. 

Anyone else heard back from any of these schools by chance? Also, GOOD LUCK OUT THERE! :)

I applied to MSU. I saw someone was accepted in January. I applied to OSU, MSU, Wisconsin, Loyola, U of I- champagne/urbana, and Mizzou.

Yeah, I saw the early Jan. one, but figured it must have been someone who was just a superb candidate! I just looked through their past years and mid-Feb to mid-March seems like when most people who've posted on here got their acceptance or rejection? But it is a decent size school so they might do rounds of admissions? I almost applied to Mizzou! 

2 hours ago, MCC778 said:

Yeah, I saw the early Jan. one, but figured it must have been someone who was just a superb candidate! I just looked through their past years and mid-Feb to mid-March seems like when most people who've posted on here got their acceptance or rejection? But it is a decent size school so they might do rounds of admissions? I almost applied to Mizzou! 

I've been hyper googling and I think most schools do waves of admissions. I agree, I think this person was just a great candidate and they wanted them! *congrats if that person reads this!!* I had an interview with Mizzou last month. I applied to 2 programs that didn't require the GRE; they were one of them. My scores weren't the greatest so I figured I should create a safety net for myself. They just got approval for four years of full funding. I guess in pervious years they were only able to offer 2. So, was super happy about that!