Fall 2019 Phd Social Work /Welfare

Number4

23 hours ago, QueMono said:

I caved and created a profile. I have been checking in over the past few months. I have applied to UT Austin, Uni of Maryland Baltimore, and Rutgers. I have not heard anything yet and I am getting anxious. ? I know I am very capable and have potential for success in a PhD program but my application is definitely not as pretty as some of yours. My focus is substance use, including policy, treatment industry regulation, and intervention research and dissemination. Let's get this show on the road!

I talked to someone at Rutgers and they said decisions should be out this week

1 hour ago, Leah4281 said:

I talked to someone at Rutgers and they said decisions should be out this week

Thank you. I saw that on page 3 of this thread. I really hope I don't get three rejections. ? I'm ready for this. UT Austin had 47 applicants and only 6 admissions.

Edited by QueMono

4 hours ago, sswapply said:

I am an international student and I got the interview email on Thursday. They asked me to submit an availability form and said the meeting will be scheduled on today or tomorrow, but I didn't hear back from them after I submitted that form last week. Did you have the interview already? 

Hi, I submitted my response last Friday also, but haven’t heard back from the school until yesterday. I recieved an email on Feb 11 confirming that my interview time is on Feb 12 10am.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:51 PM, royerful0 said:

Yes, I heard back from NYU regarding the interview time slots matching. 

However, I am not sure when will they make the final decision (It seems there will be around 1 month between the interview and final decision)

Wow best of luck! I guess I missed that shot. Thanks for responding !

15 hours ago, QueMono said:

@Leah4281 looks like we both applied to Rutgers and UMB. UMB got back to me today and they said by the end of the month.

I applied to UMB as well--thanks for that update! I know a few people who graduated from their program and loved it (one of them works at UT Austin with me), so I hope you get in! I got great vibes from talking with the associate dean for doctoral education and the program coordinator there. :) 

@MSW_MK I read some of the threads from previous years that, anecdotally, indicate that UNC takes a long time to get back. I think many were around the end of  March/April. But it's all anecdotes from just a few people! So hopefully you will hear back sooner! I know they get a lot of applicants.

Edited by MCC778

18 hours ago, SocialwelfarePHD said:

Hi, I submitted my response last Friday also, but haven’t heard back from the school until yesterday. I recieved an email on Feb 11 confirming that my interview time is on Feb 12 10am.

Hope it went well!! Did they give any info about admissions decisions timeline during the interview?

I got an email from FSU (Florida State) last Friday stating they were still reviewing applications, and I got word from a friend that UA (Alabama) was still reviewing as well. Can we just speed time up to when we get the notifications? 

6 hours ago, wonderingcosmo said:

I was accepted to UChicago & Columbia but I'm declining UChicago's offer because my advisor and I heard there may be new problems with the new Dean & accreditation process! 

What's wrong with UChicago's accreditation? Congratulations by the way!

Edited by Noegenesis