NSF GRFP 2018-2019

lambda

Just a reflection as this process comes to an end for many of us (graduate students): 

I am reminding myself that this fellowship doesn’t define my scientific worth. This opportunity is a privledge not afforded to many. I am grateful that we are able to pursue transformative questions and recognize that many of us will go on to achieve our respective goals. 

Remember to breathe and get some sleep. Tomorrow will come and go but, regardless of the results, the journey is just beginning. 

So my PhD program has an in-house fellowship that five people get each year, and the application notification is almost a month late. So as frustrating as the delay has been here, at least we're in the home stretch. 

That said I can't wait for this to be over.

I agree with all the post above me, it has been a pleasure to connect with everyone! We are all valuable scientist in the community building the knowledge of so many vast topics. I wish everyone the best of luck! Congrats to all of us for getting through this process and submitting a proposal and aims page, that is one of the first steps in our scientific career with many more to come. Congrats to everyone, whooo hooo!!!! 

3 minutes ago, psychgirl18 said:

Have you guys gotten emails yet? I didn't get an email

No email yet :/ My fastline says honorable mention, and someone in a previous post said that those emails come out a little bit later in the day? So that could be it!

Where do we go to get the comments? There doesn't seem to be a link on fastlane page...

Congrats to all who received the award!!

I got honorable mention, so close but am proud. This is the the science life, on to the next fellowship application.