NSF GRFP 2018-2019

lambda

3 minutes ago, Rc2121 said:

The main page for the GRFP mentions April 29th once the final decisions for acceptance are made, the reviews will be available 

Ah dang, that is a bummer indeed!  Thanks for passing along the info.

Results with no feedback or justification is a hard place to be ? 

3 minutes ago, I_Charge_by_the_foot said:

I just got the award!!!

I'll post my statements later, I'm so excited. I've worked so hard for this day and to finally get a big payoff like this is a huge relief. Almost makes the tragic story in my past worth it.

Congrats!!! Time to celebrate indeed :) 

I got the award!!! Wow, was absolutely not expecting to get it, just check out my post history to see how f***** hard of a time I've had adjusting to grad school this year. I know it's like 50% luck, but I'm so freaking relieved to have one fucking thing from this whole year that I did right. 

I won!! So freaking unexpected and I’m thrilled... That being said congrats to everyone who applied whether awarded or not as it is all honestly so luck based!!! We’re all great scientists studying important topics in our fields 

On a side note, has anyone figured out how to see reviews? 

Also got it! Apparently the second time is the charm, which is good, since this was my last shot.

Happy to post my materials as well (with some personal info redacted) + reviewer feedback once we get it if other people would like it for future years!

I guess I'm not going to grad school this year then. This was my only chance :(

Why are they not releasing the reviews yet? That seems kinda cruel. I at least want to know *why* they decided I'm not worth it...

Congrats to everyone else though!