2018-2019 Application Thread

Leo9

On 3/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, buru said:

Anyone claiming the CUNY acceptance?

I claim the CUNY acceptance. Sorry for the late response, I have just seen this.

I got two acceptances and lots of rejections. I was admitted to Georgia State and CUNY. Which one would you prefer? I would be glad if anyone helps me.

1 hour ago, pp30 said:

Does anyone have some input about the PhD program at Brown for comparative? 

They have Dr. Ashutosh Varshney who is an incredible scholar. If you are thinking about doing ethnic politics as a part of your work he would be an amazing person to be on a committee. Snyder has also done some interesting stuff on the 'resource curse' in civil conflict. I'm sure they have other very good comparative scholars, but those are the two that stick out from the work I've encountered in graduate school.  

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard or know the timeline to hear from University of Alabama? The app summary says “Referred for review by dept (3/26/2019)”. I don’t want to call to seem impatient, this is the last program I’m waiting to hear from. 

Hi all!

I got waitlisted at CUNY and New School in March. And I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Anyone accepted off the waitlist in these schools? 

Btw, my subfield is CP.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:53 PM, plzuniverse said:

Waitlisted. Was told that decision would be clear one way or the other after the visiting day around mid-March. 

did you ever hear back? hope it was good news!