Columbia University Teachers College Fall 2019

MettaSutta

2 hours ago, Anon79158 said:

Different programs have different decision dates. For mine, they told me it can easily be end of month. And I have the same message don’t think it means anything. 

I think it just means that they haven’t decided on yours yet. Good luck.

I used to get the same message until today. Now there’s an actual acceptance letter and links for next steps specific to me.

Edited by LizKay

3 hours ago, LizKay said:

I used to get the same message until today. Now there’s an actual acceptance letter and links for next steps specific to me.

Figured. Congrats on your acceptance. 

On 3/12/2019 at 3:15 AM, LizKay said:

Same same thing just happened to me! I didn't get an email and no update on my application page but I've been able to log in to the admitted students portal and there's a welcome message and all. 

Does this mean we're in!!? I don't want to celebrate in advance and have it be a bug. Ahh!! So nerve-racking. 

55 minutes ago, DeeBree said:

Same same thing just happened to me! I didn't get an email and no update on my application page but I've been able to log in to the admitted students portal and there's a welcome message and all. 

Does this mean we're in!!? I don't want to celebrate in advance and have it be a bug. Ahh!! So nerve-racking. 

If it says your name in the portal, then I think you’re in. Congrats!!!

I got an official email like two days later.

21 minutes ago, LizKay said:

If it says your name in the portal, then I think you’re in. Congrats!!!

I got an official email like two days later.

Ah! That's great to hear. Yes it does have my name and my program and all my info! Now I just wait for the official email. Thank you!

On 2/17/2019 at 9:47 AM, Alexyc said:

I applied for the M.A in Instructional Technology and Media (TEIT). 

I couldn't find any useful information relevant to what types of students they are looking for on their web (or anywhere on the Internet), I couldn't find information on when will they send out decisions.

Well...I also don't understand what the abbreviation of TEIT stands for.

It was a little bit frustrating when I applied for this program but I still hope that I get in!

@Alexyc I graduated from this program and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. TEIT is something that NY state used I describe the program, don't worry about that. Students vary greatly in terms of background, some have traditional teaching backgrounds, others more on the technical side, with a few students with research backgrounds. I heard back on the 3rd week of March when I applied.

18 minutes ago, RitaJ said:

Is anyone still waiting? I've tried calling the office of admissions to ask when I should expect to hear back, but cannot get through. 

Still waiting for MA higher education. They said there is a slight chance decisions can be first week April. Most likely at end of this week though. 

Still 

13 hours ago, Anon79158 said:

Still waiting for MA higher education. They said there is a slight chance decisions can be first week April. Most likely at end of this week though. 

13 hours ago, RitaJ said:

Is anyone still waiting? I've tried calling the office of admissions to ask when I should expect to hear back, but cannot get through. 

Still waiting for TC's M.A. Social-Organizational Psychology, anybody also waiting for hearing from them?........I have been admitted to NYU M.A. in I/O Psychology but still Columbia attracts me a little bit more...the waiting is driving me crazy

Really hope I can hear back by the end of this week. Do you guys think it is appropriate to email them to ask the approximate date they send decisions?

7 hours ago, lemmegotonycplzz said:

Still 

Still waiting for TC's M.A. Social-Organizational Psychology, anybody also waiting for hearing from them?........I have been admitted to NYU M.A. in I/O Psychology but still Columbia attracts me a little bit more...the waiting is driving me crazy

Really hope I can hear back by the end of this week. Do you guys think it is appropriate to email them to ask the approximate date they send decisions?

Everything will be out by end of first week April for priority applicants according to them 

I applied for their EdM Psychological Counseling program and submitted my application back on January 15th, which was their priority deadline. A few days ago, I emailed them and they said that students usually hear back from TC at the end of March at the latest though some programs do take a bit longer to send out decisions. If I don't hear anything back from them by this week, then I guess that the first week is when I'll probably be hearing back from them. They are the very last school I'm waiting to hear back from.

Edited by Lauren210

18 hours ago, RitaJ said:

I've applied for the MA in Teaching of English at TC - no word yet. Accepted into the Stanford STEP program and NYU MA in Teaching of English. 

Given funding is rather similar, def go for the brand. Stanford. 

Hey guys 

i applied to MA in teaching English and i have not heard from them yet , and to tell the truth i don’t wanna get my hopes up because of my GPA ,which is 3 ? but hopefully my experience will help and i don’t know how competitive the program is ! I heard that non-certification track is the least competitive that why i chose it.

however , my real issue is that i’m  international Student so time is really critical because in my country US visa usually takes tow months?? and to complicate it even more I applied to summer enrty ☹️☹️

So guys i’m expecting that all the decisions will be out today or by bext week maximum if ,hopefully, i got in should i ask for a deferral? And when Does the summer term start ?

thank you guys 

On 3/27/2019 at 7:16 AM, Lauren210 said:

I applied for their EdM Psychological Counseling program and submitted my application back on January 15th, which was their priority deadline. A few days ago, I emailed them and they said that students usually hear back from TC at the end of March at the latest though some programs do take a bit longer to send out decisions. If I don't hear anything back from them by this week, then I guess that the first week is when I'll probably be hearing back from them. They are the very last school I'm waiting to hear back from.

Hi there, did you hear back from TC this Friday? Also do you know if they ever send out rejection letters to people? Thanks

6 hours ago, lemmegotonycplzz said:

Hi there, did you hear back from TC this Friday? Also do you know if they ever send out rejection letters to people? Thanks

No I have not. I personally don’t even know regarding that as well. I’m not waitlisted either as far as I know. I plan on waiting one more week but by then, if I don’t hear back from TC at the end of next week, I will probably be making my decision to attend at another school out of the ones I was accepted to.

3 hours ago, Lauren210 said:

No I have not. I personally don’t even know regarding that as well. I’m not waitlisted either as far as I know. I plan on waiting one more week but by then, if I don’t hear back from TC at the end of next week, I will probably be making my decision to attend at another school out of the ones I was accepted to.

Good luck to both of us....

I will opt for NYU if they don't send me any message by the end of next week too.

2 hours ago, RitaJ said:

I emailed the course advisor for the MA in teaching of English on Monday. No reply, and still no updates. Anyone else?

I called them yesterday, they said that my application is still under review. It took them a day to email me back.

Has anyone received a decision for the psychological counseling program (bilingual concentration)? I had my interview about a month ago and still haven't heard anything from them. They were supposed to send out decision mid to late-march