NIH PREP 2019-2020 Applicants unite

nęm0

1 hour ago, Madistrong said:

I've heard back from both Tufts and Rochester, and I've got interviews with both this week. Still haven't heard anything from Michigan PREP, has anyone else?

Has tufts given you a time for your interview yet? And did they tell you who would be interviewing you? 

1 hour ago, Mack93 said:

I got an interview for Yale ESI Prep anyone else????

Congrats! That's such a huge thing, and I'm glad at least 1/350 people have an answer. :) I have yet to hear anything about rejection or interviews for Yale ESI-PREP. 

2 hours ago, neurooooo said:

Has tufts given you a time for your interview yet? And did they tell you who would be interviewing you? 

I'm interviewing with one person on Thursday, Dr. Alcaide. And just received another email from Dr. Wortis to set up another on Monday next week. Dr. Wortis has been somewhat slow to respond so it could be they're just backed up.

10 hours ago, Madistrong said:

I've heard back from both Tufts and Rochester, and I've got interviews with both this week. Still haven't heard anything from Michigan PREP, has anyone else?

They've already interviewed their candidates last week and are planning to send offers soon.

3 hours ago, Biolover01 said:

Has anyone heard back from NIH-PREP at Yale, UPenn PREP, UChicago PREP, and/or UC Santa Cruz PREP? 

UCSC is still in the review process.

Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Biolover01 said:

Has anyone heard back from NIH-PREP at Yale, UPenn PREP, UChicago PREP, and/or UC Santa Cruz PREP? 

Yes, a lot of this information was poster earlier in the thread. 

Wow... just found this forum today wish I found it sooner. I applied to the PREP programs at Albert Einstein, Harvard, University of Maryland, Johns Hopkins, Upenn, and Yale. Have not heard back from any. Did not even know they were doing interviews. Only Johns Hopkins specified there was an interview process. Now I'm even more sad ?.

6 hours ago, memory said:

Wow... just found this forum today wish I found it sooner. I applied to the PREP programs at Albert Einstein, Harvard, University of Maryland, Johns Hopkins, Upenn, and Yale. Have not heard back from any. Did not even know they were doing interviews. Only Johns Hopkins specified there was an interview process. Now I'm even more sad ?.

its okay bro, some of us still don't have a place to go.

9 hours ago, memory said:

I'm so sorry that you didn't get any acceptances. Just try to figure out where your application was lacking, then spend time building that area. Fortunately, there are many paths to graduate school. 

Edited by dejosco

15 minutes ago, mediumtwotopping said:

Congratulations! Can't say good bye yet. PhD apps are around the corner. :-)

I don't want to be back here, def not for that! too much anxiety and unnecessary personal profile comparisons. Yall have a good life, maybe I'll meet some of yall at ABRCMS. I feel like they should have an NIH prep meet and greet.

Message to future applicants: don't lose hope, it may seem like the obvious choice to make at times but don't! This route may not work but if you keep trying, you will def be a better position for success.

NK Advocate out! *mic drop*

Has anyone gotten any new updates on Yale ESI Prep? My application is for a humanities discipline but this is the only thread on GC talking about it ?

I also applied to Yale ESI Prep, but have not heard back. I read that there was someone who got an interview for the program but I still haven't hear back anything. At this point, I'm going with the assumption that I did not get it.  but I do wish they would just officially tell us. My recommenders have been asking me about it, and it's just kind of getting annoying that I don't have an answer to give them.