FINALLY GOT IN

Listen guys, I spent there last 4 years trying to get in to a program.. This discussion board can be disheartening, and you may feel like you'll never get in because everyone else is so impressive.. But there is hope!

I have loved this field for the last 6 years. I had a tough undergrad (2.8) GPA, took the GRE's 3 times never did well despite numerous classes (V145 Q 144 W 3.5). However my experiences as an SLP-A and LOR'S were amazing! Last year was going to be my last year applying.. I'm glad I didn't give up. You shouldn't either. IT'LL HAPPEN.

10 hours ago, draySLP1 said:

Congratulations!!! I'm starting my second round of apps and this is encouraging. Clearly you're committed to succeeding in this field--I'm sure you'll do great!

Yea it’s tough.. it took me 4 cycles.. keep your head up. I do think “applying smart” is ok but don’t rely on asha edfind. I would recommend applying to NEW programs, spring/summer semester and reach out to schools personally. 

On 11/19/2018 at 5:44 PM, Ejt5100 said:

Listen guys, I spent there last 4 years trying to get in to a program.. This discussion board can be disheartening, and you may feel like you'll never get in because everyone else is so impressive.. But there is hope!

I have loved this field for the last 6 years. I had a tough undergrad (2.8) GPA, took the GRE's 3 times never did well despite numerous classes (V145 Q 144 W 3.5). However my experiences as an SLP-A and LOR'S were amazing! Last year was going to be my last year applying.. I'm glad I didn't give up. You shouldn't either. IT'LL HAPPEN.

That's amazing! It took me three application cycles to become accepted ❤️ It's so worth it to get that acceptance. So happy you didn't give up! 

3 hours ago, AlwaysaFalcon said:

That's amazing! It took me three application cycles to become accepted ❤️ It's so worth it to get that acceptance. So happy you didn't give up! 

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? I just got accepted for the online program and honestly I felt like I was lacking