DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

18 hours ago, Huma Yari said:

Hello,

I Huma Yari from Kabul Afghanistan and I have also applied for Research Grants PhD Program 2019/2020 in August 2018. My application status is also paper copies received.  Unfortunately I have heard that this year there is no DAAD scholarships for Afghans. Is that true? I am also really worried about the result and I have not recieved any message or email from DAAD portal for conducting an interview.

Hello,

As far as I understood, your country was listed among the eligible ones, right? If so, then why to listen to those who are saying such things? Just try to be positive, though waiting is very stressful.

Good luck to all of us!

On 2/7/2019 at 5:39 AM, Allegoriya said:

Dear Ellecity,

Would you, please say where you got this information from? I mean, you sound very certain about the process. However, when I asked our DAAD Rep. in January, she informed me that for our country the interviews for MA programs are scheduled for March, and that probably the PhD applicants will be also interviewed in March. 

Also, my status on the portal remains "Application submitted", but you are firmly saying "By now, you all would have received a letter officially confirming that DAAD received your application and further directives". Could you, please confirm for which country is that? 

Thank you very much in advance,

Allegoriya

Dear Allegoriya,

The information I pasted here is 100% correct. I am referring to PhD Research in Germany, I am not sure for that of Masters...The fact that your status remained application submitted doesnt mean there are issues. As a norm, DAAD always keep students informed on the level of the application and that is usually done on your portal. Like when you submitted your application you are meant to receive the application summary, when your application is accepted for selection, you are meant to also receive a confirmation of such movement... Last year, a colleague of mine received such letter, this year also some people received such letter and thats how I know. Nevertheless it might be country dependent just as you have rightly said.

Ellacity 

23 minutes ago, Ellacity said:

Dear Allegoriya,

The information I pasted here is 100% correct. I am referring to PhD Research in Germany, I am not sure for that of Masters...The fact that your status remained application submitted doesnt mean there are issues. As a norm, DAAD always keep students informed on the level of the application and that is usually done on your portal. Like when you submitted your application you are meant to receive the application summary, when your application is accepted for selection, you are meant to also receive a confirmation of such movement... Last year, a colleague of mine received such letter, this year also some people received such letter and thats how I know. Nevertheless it might be country dependent just as you have rightly said.

Ellacity 

Thank you for the info, Ellacity. Following this discussion, my application status is still "Application Submitted" and never received any confirmation letter; though I was interviewed on Oct 2018, the copies were recieved and the pre-selection committee has surely sent its feedback to Bonn so it could be reviewed by the selection committee, as I was told then. So, I guess the status updates on the Portal are related to the region/country. I'm from Central America.

17 minutes ago, Esteban Arias said:

Thank you for the info, Ellacity. Following this discussion, my application status is still "Application Submitted" and never received any confirmation letter; though I was interviewed on Oct 2018, the copies were recieved and the pre-selection committee has surely sent its feedback to Bonn so it could be reviewed by the selection committee, as I was told then. So, I guess the status updates on the Portal are related to the region/country. I'm from Central America.

That's true. I am already in Germany. In December I got a message from DAAD if I will like to attend an interview in my home country or remain here in Germany. I, of course, told them I have already started my studies so I will be staying. After that, I received a confirmation letter via the portal that my application will be considered at the beginning of February. Just some few minutes ago my status changed from Application submitted to Selection Made. My point is, I think DAAD deals with every region differently. 

Edited by Gyedu

26 minutes ago, Gyedu said:

That's true. I am already in Germany. In December I got a message from DAAD if I will like to attend an interview in my home country or remain here in Germany. I, of course, told them I have already started my studies so I will be staying. After that, I received a confirmation letter via the portal that my application will be considered at the beginning of February. Just some few minutes ago my status changed from Application submitted to Selection Made. My point is, I think DAAD deals with every region differently. 

Well, it seems they finished the selection process. Now we just have to wait; good luck to you and everyone here ??

36 minutes ago, Gyedu said:

Dear Gyedu,

I guess you are following the update. I only decided to let people know what I have. I guess thats the only way to help humanity. Like I said earlier that the selection committees are meeting this week and I have an update that they just finished meeting. By now you would have seen that the selection has been concluded and their are about 78-89 committees made up of about 400 persons including professors. Three weeks from now and possibly first week of march you will receive an offer letter if you are successful......Just like it was stated in the call for the scholarship, the award depends on the availability of fund and the number of applicants.

Once again, I wish all of you the very best of luck.

Ellacity

On 2/6/2019 at 2:39 PM, Huma Yari said:

Hello,

I Huma Yari from Kabul Afghanistan and I have also applied for Research Grants PhD Program 2019/2020 in August 2018. My application status is also paper copies received.  Unfortunately I have heard that this year there is no DAAD scholarships for Afghans. Is that true? I am also really worried about the result and I have not recieved any message or email from DAAD portal for conducting an interview.

Hi banoo Yari,

How did you hear this news? ? From who?

If there is no chances for Afghans, why they get our applications?  

On 2/6/2019 at 2:39 PM, Huma Yari said:

Hello,

I also did not received any letter for interview.

Hi all,

I'm also waiting for the result but actually I'm a scholarship holder too. I mean I got a scholarship for master 2018/2019 and in October 2018 I made the application for another scholarship for PhD 2019/2020.

Last year I got an email from Bonn on 10. March and then a letter of award on 27. March via portal. Till that moment the status on portal was "preselection made". It was not "application submitted" any more just because we had interview in our home country in November 2017. I was invited to the interview and the status had changed before the interview.

So don't worry! And I know we've already got some stress but we have to wait a little more... Maybe we should concentrate on what we have now. Hopefully we will meet up at a scholarship holder meeting or something like that :)

Greetings from Berlin!

23 hours ago, Gyedu said:

Hi Gyedu,

Thank you for sharing your update.

May I know what it means by the Selection Made? Does it mean the application is successful? 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, ilyana said:

Hi Gyedu,

Thank you for sharing your update.

May I know what it means by the Selection Made? Does it mean the application is successful? 

Thank you. 

Selection Made simply means a decision has been made on the application. At this point, the next change in my portal could be either Funding or Application Rejected. Selection Made, unfortunately, has nothing to do with how successful an application is. It is just DAAD telling you a decision has been made concerning the scholarship you applied for. 

Hope this helps

13 hours ago, Gyedu said:

Selection Made simply means a decision has been made on the application. At this point, the next change in my portal could be either Funding or Application Rejected. Selection Made, unfortunately, has nothing to do with how successful an application is. It is just DAAD telling you a decision has been made concerning the scholarship you applied for. 

Hope this helps

Thank you for your reply and information.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:01 PM, Huka said:

Hi all,

I'm also waiting for the result but actually I'm a scholarship holder too. I mean I got a scholarship for master 2018/2019 and in October 2018 I made the application for another scholarship for PhD 2019/2020.

Last year I got an email from Bonn on 10. March and then a letter of award on 27. March via portal. Till that moment the status on portal was "preselection made". It was not "application submitted" any more just because we had interview in our home country in November 2017. I was invited to the interview and the status had changed before the interview.

So don't worry! And I know we've already got some stress but we have to wait a little more... Maybe we should concentrate on what we have now. Hopefully we will meet up at a scholarship holder meeting or something like that :)

Greetings from Berlin!

Hi HUKA,

Your write up is really commendable but I am a little bit confuse with your write ups, You said you got the scholarship masters, in 2018/2019, which means you will be finishing your masters in 2020 (two years is masters in Germany) and actually you are still on scholarship. How come you applied for PhD in 2019/20 on the same DAAD portal. Is it possible?

For other applicants,

Please never say it is over until it is really over. The scholarship process depends on your country, your region and your location...This simply means that everybody has equal chances of been selected or been rejected and in all, keep your hopes in a more controllable mode.

Regards

14 hours ago, Ellacity said:

Hi HUKA,

Your write up is really commendable but I am a little bit confuse with your write ups, You said you got the scholarship masters, in 2018/2019, which means you will be finishing your masters in 2020 (two years is masters in Germany) and actually you are still on scholarship. How come you applied for PhD in 2019/20 on the same DAAD portal. Is it possible?

For other applicants,

Please never say it is over until it is really over. The scholarship process depends on your country, your region and your location...This simply means that everybody has equal chances of been selected or been rejected and in all, keep your hopes in a more controllable mode.

Regards

Hello Ellacity

ahh my master lasts just one year. Sorry for making you cunfuse unnecessarily... in 2016 I got a scholarship for German course (just two months in summer), in 2018-2019 for master and I was still qualified for the application 2019-2020, at least from my country.

And I don't understand what you mean with "in  more controllable mode", or you are Maybe misunderstanding me. of course I have hope but also I'm also anxious! No worries, I know or have experienced that the process depends a lot on your coutry, I've talked directly with so many scholors from all over the world about the process. and it changes year a year, too. I personally know ex-scholors from my country, who got the same or other fundings from daad in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.  I gave you a concrete example to show that we will have to wait possibly till end of March, because last year we had been told that they would inform us of the final result in Febuar, too... We shouldn't stress us out because of more waiting time as expected.

best regards,

Edited by Huka

9 hours ago, Huka said:

Hello Ellacity

ahh my master lasts just one year. Sorry for making you cunfuse unnecessarily... in 2016 I got a scholarship for German course (just two months in summer), in 2018-2019 for master and I was still qualified for the application 2019-2020, at least from my country.

And I don't understand what you mean with "in  more controllable mode", or you are Maybe misunderstanding me. of course I have hope but also I'm also anxious! No worries, I know or have experienced that the process depends a lot on your coutry, I've talked directly with so many scholors from all over the world about the process. and it changes year a year, too. I personally know ex-scholors from my country, who got the same or other fundings from daad in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.  I gave you a concrete example to show that we will have to wait possibly till end of March, because last year we had been told that they would inform us of the final result in Febuar, too... We shouldn't stress us out because of more waiting time as expected.

best regards,

Hi Huka,

Thank you for the clarifications and your patience in writing me. 

Please do not misunderstand that part of my write up. I actually wrote that for everybody not for you.. Thats why I started with FOR OTHER APPLICANTS.....its a kind of advice to all of us, so that we will not have a kind of shock instead be in controllable mode and at the same time have our hopes high. I hope that is clear now....

I look forward to seeing much of you guys soon. For now I am in Hamburg and studying in Hamburg. 

Cheers

So many of us were right to say that the process depends on the region.

Just a quick update from my side: I got a reply from DAAD-Bonn stating that for my country the results will be announced not earlier than in the middle of April. And I haven't heard anything from them after submitting my PhD application in the middle of November 2018. Also, I do not even know whether there will be an interview or not.  

Just a question, in case they give the results at the end of march, what happens to the people that have to fly to Germany in April for the German course? There would almost be no time to arrange papers, etc...

Edited by Esteban Arias

1 hour ago, Esteban Arias said:

Just a question, in case they give the results at the end of march, what happens to the people that have to fly to Germany in April for the German course? There would almost be no time to arrange papers, etc...

I guess in that case they offer you an Online German course at DUO 

40 minutes ago, xeviroth said:

Hi, I would like to ask. do you guys receipt any acknowledgment letter from DAAD? For me, since the interview last year, I did not hear anything back from them. Is that normal?

Sorry, I am quite nervous these days.

I never received any letter, they just called me for the interview and that's all

On 2/12/2019 at 7:05 PM, xeviroth said:

Alright. For me, I have done the interview back on December 2018. till now my status never get any updates..

Hi, I had also interview (in November 2018) and I've not heard nothing. For my current scholarship (for masters from DAAD) I had the interview in November 2017 and the DAAD office my home country let me know in December 2017 that they had selected me as a candidate and I would get the final decision in Febuar 2018 (at the end of march I got a letter of award and came to Germany in June. In October I started my master, which will be finished in September 2019. Now I'm waiting for the result of research grant scholarship). That's why I got extremely nervous and wrote to the office in my country last month, asking if we would get no status information this year. They answered "this year we don't inform you of nothing -in any case- till end of February. We're sorry but please just wait". Maybe it's only in our region but maybe global...