DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

9 hours ago, Princess-pakistan said:

Any update?

I got an email that DAAD offices in Bonn are closed till the 4th March due to carnival festival, they will be opened tomorrow. Hopefully someone should hear from them from tomorrow on.

2 hours ago, canomorenojj said:

I just received an answer from the DAAD office in Argentina and they told me that it is better to wait for the official mail from the office at Bonn. And they also told me that is better not to follow the status in the application platform...

So... We need to wait...

thank you for sharing an update. 

9 hours ago, riel said:

someone from Japan said in another forum that they already got rejection letter. any news from my neighbors in Asia (ST-34)? 

so far, haven't heard any good/bad news yet - Malaysia (ST-34)

14 hours ago, riel said:

someone from Japan said in another forum that they already got rejection letter. any news from my neighbors in Asia (ST-34)? 

The Rejections are in three stages

1) Application Submitted/Paper copies Received----> Rejection

2) Preselection Made/ selection made -------> Rejection

3) Funding ------> Rejection.

We all are in the last stage. Stay Postive and hope for the best. 

5 hours ago, Princess-pakistan said:

how comes all three options end in rejection ? can one get funding and then get rejected ?

I have been having the selection made status for like for ever, I mailed DAAD and they told me I will know the results before feb ends but it already march.

1 hour ago, wily.m said:

how comes all three options end in rejection ? can one get funding and then get rejected ?

I haven't read anyone here in the forum or anywhere else who got rejected after being "funding" at the portal. Although it is highly suggested to wait until getting the oficial letter.

Hello everyone,

To share an update, I just received an email saying that I've been nominated to be a reserve candidate in case a scholarship becomes available.
I understand my application was not enough to award a scholarship on the first round. My status is still selection made.
It shows that the selection process is continuously working and news could come anytime.

Fingers crossed and best of luck to all of us.

2 minutes ago, Artaud said:

Hello everyone,

To share an update, I just received an email saying that I've been nominated to be a reserve candidate in case a scholarship becomes available.
I understand my application was not enough to award a scholarship on the first round. My status is still selection made.
 It shows that the selection process is continuously working and news could come anytime.

Thank you for sharing your update and best of luck! May we know what's your region?

5 minutes ago, Artaud said:

Hello everyone,

hi Artaud! May I know from which region you came from? :)

8 hours ago, Princess-pakistan said:

What does the 3rd option mean ? Can one get Funding then be Rejected ? ? 

3 hours ago, Artaud said:

Hello everyone,

thanks for sharing the update , best of luck to you

I applied for the one year research grant and daad also put me up for the short term grant and then rejected me for the short term grant.  this really confused me as i thought they rejected me for what i applied for!!!  My status for the one year grant remains selection made and they changed my dates to 1.10.2019.

what an emotional roller coaster. Already losing weight over this!! ahahaha!

12 minutes ago, wily.m said:

I applied for the one year research grant and daad also put me up for the short term grant and then rejected me for the short term grant.  this really confused me as i thought they rejected me for what i applied for!!!  My status for the one year grant remains selection made and they changed my dates to 1.10.2019.

True. Thats an emotional torture 

6 hours ago, wily.m said:

Hi Wily.m,

Many apologies for asking this and if you don't mind to answer. 

Did you receive a rejection letter from DAAD upon short term research grant? Because if you receive a rejection letter whereas in portal remains 'selection made' , its a bit confusing.