DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

5 hours ago, ilyana said:

Hi Wily.m,

Many apologies for asking this and if you don't mind to answer. 

Did you receive a rejection letter from DAAD upon short term research grant? Because if you receive a rejection letter whereas in portal remains 'selection made' , its a bit confusing. 

I applied for one year grant but daad also but themselves added me to short term grant, and they then rejected the short term grant. but my application for one year grant remains the pending.  hope you this makes it clear.   and yes when they sent me the rejection notification for the short term grant the status was still selection made.

7 hours ago, wily.m said:

I applied for one year grant but daad also but themselves added me to short term grant, and they then rejected the short term grant. but my application for one year grant remains the pending.  hope you this makes it clear.   and yes when they sent me the rejection notification for the short term grant the status was still selection made.

Thank you for your clarification. My mistake then as I thought maybe you have applied for two different research grants.  This is my first time I heard that the DAAD can amend/add the research grant despite of what we have had applied. Anyhow, hope we will be blessed by the DAAD lucks.

Edited by ilyana

My dear friends from all around the world, 

I have been reading your comments for 15 days, due to the delay in the response from the DAAD. Finally, I got today an e-mail from Bonn and confirmed to me what I expected: I won the scholarship for my 3-years doctoral studies. My status did not change at any time. The communication was directly from the administration in Bonn. I think that the description of the status does not affect in any sense the final decision of the DAAD. Lots of successes for all who are waiting for the response. Greetings from South America.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:59 AM, Gustavo Aschenbach said:

I have been reading your comments for 15 days, due to the delay in the response from the DAAD. Finally, I got today an e-mail from Bonn and confirmed to me what I expected: I won the scholarship for my 3-years doctoral studies. My status did not change at any time. The communication was directly from the administration in Bonn. I think that the description of the status does not affect in any sense the final decision of the DAAD. Lots of successes for all who are waiting for the response. Greetings from South America.

Congratulation Gustavo!!!

Did you email them to ask for your application or they did send the email directly to you?

Thank You

On 3/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, Gustavo Aschenbach said:

Congratulations Gustavo  ?

If you don't mind, can you share your DAAD experience? - how was the interview and how long it takes to know the result (from your deadline till the announcement)?

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I am from Kazakhstan. I had an interview by the end of January. They said that the result would be in the beginning of April. But on their website there is an information that the decision of the selection committee is not expected before May 1, 2019. I think it may differ for different countries.

In addition, my status on DAAD portal is "Application submitted". But what is said on the website in the list of their requirements that DAAD's Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded. Therefore, I have a question to you. Has anybody sent already anything to Bonn? Because it is not clear for me how the status on the portal could be changed to "Paper copies received".

9 hours ago, Dinara Orazbayeva said:

Hi everyone,

I am from Kazakhstan. I had an interview by the end of January. They said that the result would be in the beginning of April. But on their website there is an information that the decision of the selection committee is not expected before May 1, 2019. I think it may differ for different countries.

In addition, my status on DAAD portal is "Application submitted". But what is said on the website in the list of their requirements that DAAD's Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded. Therefore, I have a question to you. Has anybody sent already anything to Bonn? Because it is not clear for me how the status on the portal could be changed to "Paper copies received".

It means the selection process can be done with the copies you have provided them, but once the scholarship is awarded you must legally certify the copies, usually it is done by the foreign minister of your country.

21 hours ago, Dinara Orazbayeva said:

Hi everyone,

Hey, Dinara! 

Finally somebody else from CA! :) And you are applying for a PhD program, right?

Can you please provide the link to the info stating that the decision should not be expected before May 1, 2019? Our local DAAD web-site does not have this info. And when I asked DAAD-Bonn about when to expect the results, they told me to wait them not earlier than mad-April. 

As for myself, there was no interview this year for PhD applicants. And I have not received any acknowledgment letter from DAAD-Bonn either (Have you received such a letter?). My status is the same as yours, i.e. "Application submitted". 

Hello all,

I have read here on some other threads that some people have already received either rejections or acceptances for Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany 2019/20. What is the current situation for you? 

Best.

21 minutes ago, _cylon_ said:

Hello all,

I have read here on some other threads that some people have already received either rejections or acceptances for Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany 2019/20. What is the current situation for you? 

Best.

Hi @_cylon_, mine has not change and I have not received any notification. What other threads have you read?

5 minutes ago, Esteban Arias said:

Hi @_cylon_, mine has not change and I have not received any notification. What other threads have you read?

Hello @Esteban Arias, people posted that they have received either rejections or acceptance letters or the status on the portal changed to either "selection made" or "funding". I have not received any answer via the portal and my status is fixed at "Paper copies received". 

12 hours ago, _cylon_ said:

Hello @Esteban Arias, people posted that they have received either rejections or acceptance letters or the status on the portal changed to either "selection made" or "funding". I have not received any answer via the portal and my status is fixed at "Paper copies received". 

Hi @_cylon_

Everything depends on the region. There is another person from Turkey who also have not gotten any reply from them.

As for myself, I have not gotten any information from DAAD since I applied for the program. When I asked DAAD-Bonn about my status, they messaged back asking to wait more, as the meeting had not taken place yet. I personally think that people from Turkey are in the same situation.  

1 hour ago, Allegoriya said:

Hi @_cylon_

Everything depends on the region. There is another person from Turkey who also have not gotten any reply from them.

As for myself, I have not gotten any information from DAAD since I applied for the program. When I asked DAAD-Bonn about my status, they messaged back asking to wait more, as the meeting had not taken place yet. I personally think that people from Turkey are in the same situation.  

Hello @Allegoriya thanks a lot for the clarification and goodbye to the consistency :)

Hi All,

I have also applied for Research grants - - Doctoral Programmes in Germany 2019/20 from Uzbekistan (Central Asia).

There was no interview and my status still shows "Application Submitted" stage. Did not receive any emails from DAAD Bonn so far.

• Do you guys all have an agreed supervisor at the university you are applying for? 
  • Have you already started to submit your documents to the University?

Thanks in advance for your replies! Hope we will survive this waiting time patiently as it drives me crazy?

47 minutes ago, Amal Isaeva said:

Hi All,

I have also applied for Research grants - - Doctoral Programmes in Germany 2019/20 from Uzbekistan (Central Asia).

There was no interview and my status still shows "Application Submitted" stage. Did not receive any emails from DAAD Bonn so far.

• Do you guys all have an agreed supervisor at the university you are applying for? 
  • Have you already started to submit your documents to the University?

Thanks in advance for your replies! Hope we will survive this waiting time patiently as it drives me crazy?

Hello @Amal Isaeva,

Regarding your questions:

- I have a supervisor at the university I have applied for.

- I have not submitted any documents to the university since for the application of the grant procedure (in my case PhD Grants 2019/20 Cycle) it was clearly stated just an acceptance letter would suffice and it was not even compulsory for the application purpose. Once awarded a grant holder must prove that s/he has been accepted though.

Patience and good luck to all :)