DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

40 minutes ago, FFarhan said:

I just want to inform you guys that I have received the letter of award just now from DAAD in DAAD Portal. I am applying for the Full Doctoral Programme starting this October 2019/2020 but will start going to Marburg, Germany this August for the language course. I am from Malaysia applying for Logic and Language Theory in University of Tübingen. Best of luck to you guys too!

Congratulations ? 

10 hours ago, FFarhan said:

I just want to inform you guys that I have received the letter of award just now from DAAD in DAAD Portal. I am applying for the Full Doctoral Programme starting this October 2019/2020 but will start going to Marburg, Germany this August for the language course. I am from Malaysia applying for Logic and Language Theory in University of Tübingen. Best of luck to you guys too!

Congrats Farhan!

I also would like to inform you guys too that I have received the Letter of Award from DAAD yesterday. I’m going to Köln for language course this September.

btw I’m from Malaysia too. Can I get your contact Farhan? Email or anything perhaps?

23 hours ago, FFarhan said:

The letter we are all waiting for, congratulations!

This is to inform everyone that I also got the Award Letter. I will be starting with a Language Course in Berlin starting June 2. Anyone who will also have their language course in Berlin? Hope to see you there! 

3 hours ago, Dinara Orazbayeva said:

I have some updates, but I'm not sure what does it mean. Did anybody here get the same message from DAAD?Screenshot_20190325-182656.thumb.png.e6d2d90b2ff4fa7ce37ca6588ea3d692.png

Hi Dinara, can you share with us your last message (result selection round)? 

Hello all! First of all congratulations to all who have received the DAAD Scholarship. Is there anyone here from India/ Sri lanka/ Nepal who has applied for the PhD scholarship (2019-20)?

Moving on to what I wanted to know....I recently received an email saying that I had received the scholarship I had applied for from DAAD India. I confirmed that I wanted the scholarship and later I also got an email from them saying thank you for accepting......you'd get the official award letter and all other documents through the DAAD portal in 20+ days etc. Now my questions:

1. They didn;t want me to even my guide know at this stage that I have received the scholarship. Why is it so?

2. The duration of my scholarship is 3 years for PhD. Now the dates I had entered changed. Now it is showing (from: 01.10.2019 to: 30.09.2020). But ideally, it should have been 2022 for the year in ''to''. Why is it so?

3. I haven't yet received any award letter and the status still says 'Initial funding' and 'Application submitted'. When is it that I can expect this to change?

4. Now that I have the scholarship, is it that the language course of 4 months be located close to my university or is it that it's allocated randomly?

5. When is it that I can hear from them now? I don't know why they said 'Please do not inform your supervisor/ guide at this stage or publish on public media'. I can understand the second part, but not the first part. I have received the scholarship and still they want me to keep it a secret.

Any tips for the Visa interview?

Thanks,

vir

39 minutes ago, AllenL said:

I'm from ST34, and my status is funding for 5 days or longer.

NO email or message from portal..................FINGERS CROSSED!

Hi Allen, may I know where are you from?

I am also from ST34 but still no update from my side.

Guys, my application status is "preselection made" but my friend's application status is "selection made". Both of us are from Azerbaijan, Baku and official results hasn't been declared. Does it mean that I have already failed, bu my friend passed? Please share with me, if you have any experience about this))

9 hours ago, AllenL said:

I'm from ST34, and my status is funding for 5 days or longer.

NO email or message from portal..................FINGERS CROSSED!

you’ll receive it after a week.

8 hours ago, thepassvir said:

2. The duration of my scholarship is 3 years for PhD. Now the dates I had entered changed. Now it is showing (from: 01.10.2019 to: 30.09.2020). But ideally, it should have been 2022 for the year in ''to''. Why is it so?

3. I haven't yet received any award letter and the status still says 'Initial funding' and 'Application submitted'. When is it that I can expect this to change?

4. Now that I have the scholarship, is it that the language course of 4 months be located close to my university or is it that it's allocated randomly?

5. When is it that I can hear from them now? I don't know why they said 'Please do not inform your supervisor/ guide at this stage or publish on public media'. I can understand the second part, but not the first part. I have received the scholarship and still they want me to keep it a secret.

Thanks,

vir

my comments: 

1. It’s not yet final until you sign the Acceptance of Conditions. Also, theyre  finalizing everything before sending the Award Letter.

2. Duration of scholarship is one year, in the letter you will find the details that it is renewable every year.

3. Mine also was Application Submitted for a long time before it changed to Selection Made then Funding

4. They can either give you no language course, 2 months, 4 months, or 6 months depending on the need for your German institute. The location is not the same city  with your university. They’ll provide pocket money during those preparatory language course. 

5. Do not inform your Professor because it’s not final until the Award Letter was prepared. Youll  apply for visa if you already have the letter and the Insurance Certificate which you will receive about a week after sending your Acceptance.

Good luck!

9 hours ago, thepassvir said:

Hello all! First of all congratulations to all who have received the DAAD Scholarship. Is there anyone here from India/ Sri lanka/ Nepal who has applied for the PhD scholarship (2019-20)?

Moving on to what I wanted to know....I recently received an email saying that I had received the scholarship I had applied for from DAAD India. I confirmed that I wanted the scholarship and later I also got an email from them saying thank you for accepting......you'd get the official award letter and all other documents through the DAAD portal in 20+ days etc. Now my questions:

1. They didn;t want me to even my guide know at this stage that I have received the scholarship. Why is it so?

Thanks,

vir

Hello. I'm from India. I got the same emails. Had you also been asked for giving your passport number and so that they can contact the visa officials?

Which subject did you apply for?

Edited by Antiquestardust

2 hours ago, Antiquestardust said:

Hello. I'm from India. I got the same emails. Had you also been asked for giving your passport number and so that they can contact the visa officials?

Which subject did you apply for?

@Antiquestardust, Yes! Exactly the same thing. But I am not understanding why they are taking so long!

Hi to all!

Guys, my application status is "preselection made" but my friend's application status is "selection made". Both of us are from Azerbaijan, Baku and official results hasn't been declared. Does it mean that I have already failed, bu my friend passed? Please share with me, if you have any experience about this ?