DAAD PhD scholarship results 2019-2020

Sayed Jalal

I really hope they annouced the result soon. But, Based from what I read in the Gradcafe 2018-2019 and the timeline analysis from last year,  I guess they will only give out the result by next week. 

But, it is tiring to wait this long......

:(

Hello , does anyone know why they change the funding date ?  they changed mine from 01.06.2019 to 01.10.2019.

Plus they did not notify me, I just found by checking on the portal ? 

2 hours ago, wily.m said:

Hello , does anyone know why they change the funding date ?  they changed mine from 01.06.2019 to 01.10.2019.

Same for me, the starting date was changed. They didn't inform me they would change the date but I got an email clarifying that "Starting date of the scholarship will be the 01.10.2019 (an earlier starting date is not possible!)". But was your ending date also changed?

4 hours ago, wily.m said:

2 hours ago, CCCHI said:

Same for me, the starting date was changed. They didn't inform me they would change the date but I got an email clarifying that "Starting date of the scholarship will be the 01.10.2019 (an earlier starting date is not possible!)". But was your ending date also changed?

Hi! From which countries are you from? My guess is that you got the scholarship and you will be attending the German language course from June to September.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:13 AM, ilyana said:

Congratulations!!! 

Thank you very much.

Hope to see you in Germany!

On 3/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, Esteban Arias said:

Congratulations!!! 

Thank you so much.

See you soon in Germany.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:04 AM, CCCHI said:

my end date was changed as well, but not information as to why they changed the dates.  I find this date changing abit strange.

On 3/15/2019 at 6:10 AM, riel said:

Hi! From which countries are you from? My guess is that you got the scholarship and you will be attending the German language course from June to September.

I mailed them in February asking when they will inform me of the decision but the wrote back saying be patient. 

I am applying from Tanzania for one year research grant.

Is the language course mandatory ? 

my end date was changed as well, but not information as to why they changed the dates.  I find this date changing abit strange.

It is normal for DAAD to correct that. Technically, for Phd research grants, the funding dates are for one year starting on Oct 1st and ending on sept 30th of the next year, after that, it should be renewed for the next year and so on. Those dates in the portal do not include the months for the German course.  It's usually a good sign, but no change in the dates or in the status should be confused with the official statement through the acceptance/rejection letter. Furthermore, many have received the award without any modification in the portal dates or status.

Hope to hear good news from you soon :)

I mailed them in February asking when they will inform me of the decision but the wrote back saying be patient. 

I am applying from Tanzania for one year research grant.

Is the language course mandatory ? 

Yes, I believe that the language course is included in the scholarship. 

On 3/11/2019 at 10:29 AM, Esteban Arias said:

It means the selection process can be done with the copies you have provided them, but once the scholarship is awarded you must legally certify the copies, usually it is done by the foreign minister of your country.

Thank you for the information ?

On 3/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, Allegoriya said:

Hey, Dinara! 

Finally somebody else from CA! :) And you are applying for a PhD program, right?

Can you please provide the link to the info stating that the decision should not be expected before May 1, 2019? Our local DAAD web-site does not have this info. And when I asked DAAD-Bonn about when to expect the results, they told me to wait them not earlier than mad-April. 

As for myself, there was no interview this year for PhD applicants. And I have not received any acknowledgment letter from DAAD-Bonn either (Have you received such a letter?). My status is the same as yours, i.e. "Application submitted". 

Hey, Allegoriya!

Yes, I am applying for the PhD program. Here is the document I downloaded earlier. There is an information about that date on page 3 in Application deadline point.

DAAD requirements.pdf

Hey guys,

Is anyone else blocked from accessing their account on the portal ? I know it's technically the weekend but I just got into the habit of checking the portal daily, though I can't access it (It says this account user is blocked .. )?

11 minutes ago, Almasa said:

Hey guys,

Is anyone else blocked from accessing their account on the portal ? I know it's technically the weekend but I just got into the habit of checking the portal daily, though I can't access it (It says this account user is blocked .. )?

Sorry never mind .. just remembered that there's been an alert for a couple of days now saying that the portal would be down 

28 minutes ago, Almasa said:

Sorry never mind .. just remembered that there's been an alert for a couple of days now saying that the portal would be down 

I hope this means that the results will come soon... :)
I am from Hungary, and we have not got any response since the interviews. :(

On 3/11/2019 at 5:45 PM, Suz_91 said:

Hi everyone,

Are you guys able to access your DAAD portal? Have been locked out since today morning.

Hi Suz_91,

I have a problem with my DAAD portal since yesterday. I sent an email to portal@daad.de and for now I am waiting for their response.

Do you still have the same problem?

7 hours ago, Almasa said:

Hey guys,

mine says user account locked .

11 hours ago, Dinara Orazbayeva said:

Hey, Allegoriya!

Yes, I am applying for the PhD program. Here is the document I downloaded earlier. There is an information about that date on page 3 in Application deadline point.

DAAD requirements.pdf

Hi, Dinara :)

Thanks, but unfortunately, the attached doc is not available. Do you remember where you downloaded it? On the web-site of DAAD-Kazakhstan, or the one of DAAD-Bonn?  

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 10.47.43 AM.png

Hello, 

Same here. I see “User account locked” warning. I think it is related with the announced maintenance. Maybe they are trying to stop the server overload in time of maintenance by blocking accounts. 

It should be open tomorrow. 

Best. 

Edited by _cylon_

10 hours ago, Almasa said:

Hey guys,

My account is also blocked ?