Fall 2019 Developmental Psychology Thread

DevelopingThoughts

2 minutes ago, ResilientDreams said:

Are we talking about Duke? lol. I emailed them and I will let you know! Who knows. I feel like they want to reject us but forgot and will be getting around to it soon.

Haha Duke and Missouri. I also feel like they will reject us soon, but maybe it will be a waitlist??

Has anyone actually heard from Brown about an Interview Weekend? I haven't seen anything posted in the results forum. I'm anticipating a rejection, but it would just be nice for it to be confirmed so I can move on with my life, haha. 

18 hours ago, canstudent13 said:

Has anyone actually heard from Brown about an Interview Weekend? I haven't seen anything posted in the results forum. I'm anticipating a rejection, but it would just be nice for it to be confirmed so I can move on with my life, haha. 

I haven't but I have heard/seen from the results board in the past there tend to be phone interviews before an official interview invite, so as I haven't gotten any of those I'm assuming I'm rejected.

2 minutes ago, ResilientDreams said:

Ugh. I would like my official rejections so I can have a definitive answer from all of them.

Well, it seems like a lot of us in the Developmental thread haven't heard from many schools-- I'm hopeful that that means that many of our programs haven't finished their processes. Hang in there!

1 minute ago, brighteyes said:

Well, it seems like a lot of us in the Developmental thread haven't heard from many schools-- I'm hopeful that that means that many of our programs haven't finished their processes. Hang in there!

What were the other schools you applied to?

I interviewed at what I *thought* was my last-choice program this week and fell in love!! I'm obsessed! But i also hate making decisions so i'm kind of hoping (if i get an offer here) that i hate visiting my first-choice next week...

7 hours ago, ItPhBeLikeThatSometimes said:

I interviewed at what I *thought* was my last-choice program this week and fell in love!! I'm obsessed! But i also hate making decisions so i'm kind of hoping (if i get an offer here) that i hate visiting my first-choice next week...

I know what you mean. Interviewed last week at a school I considered not even going to the interview and REALLY liked it. Not my ideal location by far, but if they offer I am going to have to do some thinking.

11 hours ago, ItPhBeLikeThatSometimes said:

I completely understand this! I only applied to Nebraska because the email I received from my POI was so thoughtful. The eventual interview went great, and I got accepted! I was not at all interested in moving to Nebraska, having lived in California my whole life, but if this is where the opportunity is, that's where I'm headed!

I’m still waiting to hear back from my interview last week. But I heard from my POI who arranged for me to talk to another professor in the department who they think I would work well with, so I guess I'm still in the running. It usually takes them two weeks to finalize the decisions. I’m counting down the days. 

21 minutes ago, Psyhopeful said:

I’m still waiting to hear back from my interview last week. But I heard from my POI who arranged for me to talk to another professor in the department who they think I would work well with, so I guess I'm still in the running. It usually takes them two weeks to finalize the decisions. I’m counting down the days. 

Sending good energy your way!!

1 hour ago, ItPhBeLikeThatSometimes said:

Sending good energy your way!!

Thank you!

I’m proud of our little thread. We’ve done pretty good so far! How crazy that we’re all going to be actual grad students in a few months!

13 hours ago, Psyhopeful said:

Thank you!

I’m proud of our little thread. We’ve done pretty good so far! How crazy that we’re all going to be actual grad students in a few months!

Our little thread is great. We may not be that active because it seems as if developmental programs are taking their time, but we are doing great!

(also, your note about being a grad student in a few months just gave me heart palpitations. lol)

Wondering about the person who posted that they got accepted from University of Utah (dev psych), do you know if the grant came through? I know they were waiting on that because it would dictate how many students they could take on. I also interviewed and have been patiently waiting. Any info would be great!