Fall 2019 Counseling Psych PhD Applicants

futcounspsych

1 hour ago, Counsellorbihhhh said:

Is there anyone still waiting to hear from University of Denver? I saw that two people have gotten accepted; however, I have yet to hear anything at all post interview. Any insight at all would be appreciated! Thank you!

I interviewed at University of Denver on Jan. 25th and am still waiting to hear back as well. 

3 hours ago, ClinPsych591 said:

Fordham had an interview day on the 13th. It was a half-day of interviews. Not sure if there are any others.

Thank you so much for posting this. It's very frustrating to call various schools' admissions departments and have them tell you the generic: all applicants are "still under review". If they have scheduled an interview day, they are interviewing everyone they are considering and will select from that pool only. *sigh* glad I know at least. 

For anyone wondering about PhD at McGill, admissions office will tell you "still under review" but I heard directly from a professor that they have already made offers for 2019.

Fordham conducted three sessions of interviews over two days. To be honest, I was pretty unimpressed with most aspects of their program and the interview day. Shoot me a DM if you're interested in more info :)

12 hours ago, sassyyetclassy said:

is anyone else interviewing at VCU on monday? it is the last interview i have on my list. what do y'all think the group interview is going to be like? 

I’ll be there! Idk I’m kinda weirded out by it. Regardless, I’m sure we’ll be fine :) Good luck!!!

42 minutes ago, sassyyetclassy said:

got my first acceptance this morning from Southern Illinois!! definitely want to visit bc i did my interview over skype but i am super excited :)

I did mine over skype too and I'm so nervous I haven't gotten anything. Who emailed you?

2 hours ago, Psych020911 said:

Did anyone else get a email from Georgia State today about them reviewing your application and the admission timeline being changed? 

I did too!  It was weird, and looking at my application online, there hasn't been any status change or anything.  I know their interview day has already passed (I wasn't offered an interview), so I'm presuming they're preparing to send out rejections and accidentally triggered the wrong thing.  It looks like the notification I received back in December after the applications were processed and went to the committee for review.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, ommm232 said:

So what’s good with UMiami and BC? Interviews were over a week ago. 

Anyone heard anything yet?

I thought BC said they’d call but unsure and UMiami is an enigma as always

Enigma is right. I haven't heard anything since interviews in late January for UMiami's Community Well-Being program, which is in the same school as the counseling program (and shares one faculty member). I've asked everywhere I can and haven't seen a thing for either community or counseling, which I'm trying to use as a proxy I guess? 

28 minutes ago, topsailpsych said:

I did too!  It was weird, and looking at my application online, there hasn't been any status change or anything.  I know their interview day has already passed (I wasn't offered an interview), so I'm presuming they're preparing to send out rejections and accidentally triggered the wrong thing.  It looks like the notification I received back in December after the applications were processed and went to the committee for review.

26 minutes ago, CallMeMaybe said:

I got that same Georgia state email... false hope? 

I’m secretly hoping maybe they didn’t like some of the interviewees and they’re going back through applications lol. It was just so strange. My status hasn’t changed either, so maybe it was a mistake.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, ommm232 said:

So what’s good with UMiami and BC? Interviews were over a week ago. 

Anyone heard anything yet?

I thought BC said they’d call but unsure and UMiami is an enigma as always

I got a call from my POI at University of Miami last week, and got an email confirming my waitlist status yesterday.

48 minutes ago, Psych020911 said:

I’m secretly hoping maybe they didn’t like some of the interviewees and they’re going back through applications lol. It was just so strange. My status hasn’t changed either, so maybe it was a mistake.

I went back and read the whole email (I'd breezed over it during a brake at work originally), and I now have the same secret hope.  It's definitely a strange situation.  We'll see how it goes!

5 minutes ago, topsailpsych said:

I went back and read the whole email (I'd breezed over it during a brake at work originally), and I now have the same secret hope.  It's definitely a strange situation.  We'll see how it goes!

That’s so odd, I don’t know how I would feel about that personally lol, but I am hoping it works out for you guys!

On 2/22/2019 at 4:50 PM, topsailpsych said:

I also got this email! 

2 minutes ago, sassyyetclassy said:

anyone hear anything from VCU after the interview?? i got conflicting messages from the current students/my poi about when I would hear back

What did you hear? One of the students told me a week, which is today... It’s one of my top choices now so I’m also dying to hear. Hopefully we hear by the end of the week

Just now, ommm232 said:

What did you hear? One of the students told me a week, which is today... It’s one of my top choices now so I’m also dying to hear. Hopefully we hear by the end of the week

yes the students told me the same thing!! all my poi said was "i like to keep ppl in the know about their status" but didnt say anything beyond that. it is also one of my top choices so i wish the best for the both of us!!