Fall 2019 Counseling Psych PhD Applicants

futcounspsych

On 1/19/2019 at 9:57 AM, crysslaine said:

I know that a lot of programs don't send invites until late January, but I'm getting anxious! Has anyone heard from University of Vermont (clinical), Miami University (clinical), University of Tennessee-Knoxville, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, or University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign?

I got an invite from New Mexico State University just a few days ago. I also have interviews at Texas Tech and Ball State University coming up soon.. They both sent their invites in December.

I saw quite a few people posting that they got interviews at UNL back in December :( I applied there as well,  but am pretty certain at this point I can safely say I will not be extended an offer to interview there.

2 hours ago, liznlex said:

I saw quite a few people posting that they got interviews at UNL back in December :( I applied there as well,  but am pretty certain at this point I can safely say I will not be extended an offer to interview there.

I know it probably sucks but if it helps give you closure, UNL sent out all of their invites the week of the 17th back in December for interview day this Friday the 25th. But if you have received any other invitations I wish you the best of luck with all of them!

On 1/16/2019 at 9:12 PM, Keyz said:

No problem! I know how you feel though, the anxiety of waiting and mindless email refreshing gets to you after a while. But good luck to you as well, hopefully good news comes soon enough.

Hi Keyz! Do you mind me asking if you’ve heard back from Iowa State? I saw multiple posts of waitlisting, but I haven’t heard anything... I wonder if I’m not even on the waitlist... Thank you! 

Has anyone heard from Georgia State or University of Minnesota?  I know historically they have both already sent out invitations by now, but I haven't seen anything on the results page about either, which I find super weird.

17 hours ago, Fi19 said:

Hi Keyz! Do you mind me asking if you’ve heard back from Iowa State? I saw multiple posts of waitlisting, but I haven’t heard anything... I wonder if I’m not even on the waitlist... Thank you! 

I received a rejection from Iowa State. I got the same message as the person who posted on the results pages. It's a rejection with the caveat that they could potentially look at more applicants if they don't have a full cohort after the initial interviews -- this basically never happens ?. They have sent out all their interviews unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, SendMeAnEmailPlz said:

I received a rejection from Iowa State. I got the same message as the person who posted on the results pages. It's a rejection with the caveat that they could potentially look at more applicants if they don't have a full cohort after the initial interviews -- this basically never happens ?. They have sent out all their interviews unfortunately.

Oh no. I’m sorry to hear this. Due to the fact that I didn’t even recieve a waitlist email, I believe you still get a chance. Good luck!! And thanks for everything!

18 hours ago, Fi19 said:

Hey! Sorry, late response, I've been busy this weekend. But yes, I heard back from my POI and my email was a bit different from the rest of the emails that others have gotten in the fact that I was told that I am at the top of the alternate/wait list due to my "fit" and that I will receive notice of any further developments. 

38 minutes ago, Keyz said:

Hey! Sorry, late response, I've been busy this weekend. But yes, I heard back from my POI and my email was a bit different from the rest of the emails that others have gotten in the fact that I was told that I am at the top of the alternate/wait list due to my "fit" and that I will receive notice of any further developments. 

I see. Best of luck to you!! They probably received a lot of applicants this year and had to do this...

6 minutes ago, Fi19 said:

I see. Best of luck to you!! They probably received a lot of applicants this year and had to do this...

Yeah I was told that they received a large number of qualified applicants this year. My email is just kind of weird because it basically places me in limbo and I have no idea what will even happen whereas it looks like the other emails are more definitive on being rejected. If you still haven't received an email there is a chance that they might still email you, but I also know that some schools don't even send out emails until as late as April.

Edited by Keyz

4 hours ago, Counsellorbihhhh said:

Hello everyone! 

This is my first time applying and I'm pretty sure at this point I won't be getting any more interview invites. But I am wondering, do they eventually send you a rejection or just leave you on the cliff?? I'm dying here haha

I believe most send a rejection later on (March or April)

6 minutes ago, psychmag said:

Columbia University - Interview Feb 7th

Fordham- Haven't heard back

NYU- Haven't heard back

UMassBoston- Haven't heard back

Anyone know anything about these?

Historically the northeastern schools tend to send out invites a bit later than other schools. Fordham and NYU typically send theirs mid-late January so there's a chance that you will hear back soon. However, UMassBoston has sent out a mass email of interview invites for February 8th apparently.

4 minutes ago, Keyz said:

Historically the northeastern schools tend to send out invites a bit later than other schools. Fordham and NYU typically send theirs mid-late January so there's a chance that you will hear back soon. However, UMassBoston has sent out a mass email of interview invites for February 8th apparently.

Thank you for the help. I'm excited to hear back!! UMassBoston doesn't have any submissions on the results page for interviews. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find that out?

3 minutes ago, psychnerd! said:

Thank you for the help. I'm excited to hear back!! UMassBoston doesn't have any submissions on the results page for interviews. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find that out?

For UMassBoston I typed "Boston counseling" in the search bar of the results page and the third submission from the top stated such, unless I'm confusing colleges which I most definitely could be. 

1 minute ago, Keyz said:

For UMassBoston I typed "Boston counseling" in the search bar of the results page and the third submission from the top stated such, unless I'm confusing colleges which I most definitely could be. 

You're right! Thanks. Anyone looking at doctoral UMassBoston counseling, I've heard from multiple sources they don't consider anyone without a masters degree. So if you're like me and have a bachelor and didn't get an interview, don't feel too bad!! It's one of those programs that allows non-masters applicants to apply, but states it makes you less likely to get in.

Just now, psychnerd! said:

You're right! Thanks. Anyone looking at doctoral UMassBoston counseling, I've heard from multiple sources they don't consider anyone without a masters degree. So if you're like me and have a bachelor and didn't get an interview, don't feel too bad!! It's one of those programs that allows non-masters applicants to apply, but states it makes you less likely to get in.

No problem! Good luck with everything though, I know that it's super stressful waiting, but I always tell myself good things come to those who wait so hopefully that strikes true for you!

19 hours ago, psychnerd! said:

Columbia University - Interview Feb 7th

Fordham- Haven't heard back

NYU- Haven't heard back

UMassBoston- Haven't heard back

Anyone know anything about these?

I saw today on the results page that someone has been offered an interview at Fordham. Based on last year, they all seemed to go out within 24 hours.

Does anyone want to claim the NYU invite? Was it a mass email or from a poi? I just need to know bc I have an interview the day before and need to know if I’m flying from that interview to ny or back home. Thank you!!

2 hours ago, sassyyetclassy said:

Does anyone want to claim the NYU invite? Was it a mass email or from a poi? I just need to know bc I have an interview the day before and need to know if I’m flying from that interview to ny or back home. Thank you!!

I would also love to know! Thank you!!