Accepted in MGH, SLP Fall 2019

3 hours ago, gingerbreadhuman said:

I got a phone call earlier today saying I got accepted and they gave me a really good scholarship package so it looks like I'm going to MGH. Has anyone else heard back from MGH? Anyone planning on going?

Finally someone started this thread!! ❤️ I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools...I don't know why though because this is probably my top choice and my parents keep saying "come on, we know that's where you'll be next year!" but it's all too real lol. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I will choose MGH :)

Excited for you both! I'm still waiting to hear back... luckily MGH is sending out formal letters on the 7th, so at least that waiting game will be over. Let me know if you have questions about Boston in general! 

3 hours ago, BioCook said:

Excited for you both! I'm still waiting to hear back... luckily MGH is sending out formal letters on the 7th, so at least that waiting game will be over. Let me know if you have questions about Boston in general! 

You're a lovely human being ❤️

Hi everyone, I was also accepted in MGH for Fall 2019 and it's my first choice so I'm thrilled! I'll be at the open house on the 23rd. I live in Boston and have been here for 10 years, so feel free to send questions my way as well:) Good luck to all still waiting for responses.

Edited by Music&SLP

12 minutes ago, Jen Kelley said:

I got in as well! I'm anxious to receive the formal letter. I go to undergrad in Florida, and I already got my flight for the open house :) Did anyone get into Northeastern and BU also? 

Looking forward to the official letter too! I also got into BU and will be planning to attend both open houses. :) I'll see you there!

I got into Northeastern and BU as well, still waiting to hear from Emerson...but since I'm interested in voice & medical SLP, MGH seems like the ticket. I love the Partners Hospital system, and it's a huge network here in MA.

56 minutes ago, Music&SLP said:

I got into Northeastern and BU as well, still waiting to hear from Emerson...but since I'm interested in voice & medical SLP, MGH seems like the ticket. I love the Partners Hospital system, and it's a huge network here in MA.

MGH is definitely great for the medical track! I'm really looking forward to it. BU is also very great with voice too, but I can imagine that the voice track at MGH is what you're leaning towards. :)

Did anyone receive an additional email about scholarships? I know they said we'll get an email in a couple of days, but on the phone they said we'll probably receive the email along with the official letter. Thanks!

1 hour ago, sarah189 said:

Did anyone receive an additional email about scholarships? I know they said we'll get an email in a couple of days, but on the phone they said we'll probably receive the email along with the official letter. Thanks!

I did not get a scholarship offer either. Sadly in the past years merit based scholarship info was included in the acceptance email. It makes me feel better though only 1/3 of the people get scholarship

Edited by BADASSALICE

2 hours ago, sarah189 said:

I was offered a scholarship over the phone and did not receive an email about the scholarship. If they mentioned it on the phone, I'm sure it'll come in an email soon! It seems as if the acceptance emails are from MGH as a whole, and not SLP, so maybe that's why. 

5 minutes ago, maimas4466 said:

I was offered a scholarship over the phone and did not receive an email about the scholarship. If they mentioned it on the phone, I'm sure it'll come in an email soon! It seems as if the acceptance emails are from MGH as a whole, and not SLP, so maybe that's why. 

I wonder if they're holding off on scholarship information until they get a better understanding of who will be accepting their offers... I didn't get offered a scholarship, but it would be great to get more info on it further down the line as we approach April 15th, etc. ;)

2 minutes ago, BioCook said:

I wonder if they're holding off on scholarship information until they get a better understanding of who will be accepting their offers... I didn't get offered a scholarship, but it would be great to get more info on it further down the line as we approach April 15th, etc. ;)

Same! I'm hoping I'll get some funding, but I was so freaked out by the time I got the phone call about not having heard yet, that I forgot to ask anything about it over the phone. ? But I am worried about the cost of the program, some information about scholarships, like just if I am or am not eligible for one, would be very helpful right now!

On 3/7/2019 at 9:25 AM, BioCook said:

Looking forward to the official letter too! I also got into BU and will be planning to attend both open houses. :) I'll see you there!

I got into MGH & BU too! Planning on going to both open houses as well