Canadian SLP Declining Offers Thread 2019

Salsouqi

5 hours ago, SLPhopeful2019 said:

Just heard two other people who got off the U of A waitlist yesterday

One of whom was an OOP accepted applicant to Dal SLP so there should be one spot opening up there once she declines them

6 hours ago, SpeechieSLP2019 said:

Hey guys! 

I was just accepted off the Dal waitlist this morning! I am still in shock! 

Good luck to everyone still waiting - I know how rough it is! 

Congratulations! Were you non-maritime? Also would you mind privately messaging me your stats? 

On 4/25/2019 at 9:38 AM, doubleyou said:

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist at McMaster since the 17th? Haven't seen many updates over the past week, but maybe a lot of people aren't on this forum! 

Thanks ?

I still haven’t heard anything from McMaster yet, hopefully we’ll find out something soon!

To those people who were accepted off the waitlist to Western, Did Janet only call you guys or did she also leave an email? and also did she mention at all how many/ what spot you were on the waitlist? and if someone feels comfortable  PMing their stats that would be much appreciated! sorry for the long message and questions, this waiting game is very draining and stressful and I just want a general idea of what my chances may be. Thanks so much and congrats on your acceptances! :) 

Has anyone been accepted or heard of anyone being accepted off McGill's waitlist this year yet? This wait is so awful, I'm so stressed! 

Edited by SLP2019please

On 5/1/2019 at 9:36 PM, SLPhopeful2019 said:

Congratulations! Were you non-maritime? Also would you mind privately messaging me your stats? 

Congrats!! Would you mind sending me your stats too? 

16 hours ago, SL(ME) said:

Hi guys, I just accepted an offer from UofA, which will open a waitlist position at Western and Dal. I am sending all the positive vibes to everyone still waiting!! 

Congrats!! Would you mind privately messaging me your stats, I plan on re-applying to U of A next year if I don't get into Dal.

Edited by SLPhopeful2019

• 2 weeks later...

I e-mailed Dal SLP admissions for some more information on waitlist movement and they couldn’t tell me much but did tell me “We may be sending out additional offer letters soon (late May or early June), after we’ve heard back from our first round of offers” so there’s still some hope. 

Does anyone who was accepted know when the deadline to accept Dal SLP by was? 

• 2 weeks later...

I received acceptance off of the waitlist for DAL on May 31 but will be declining as I have chosen U of A! So a spot should be opening up soon. Good luck to everyone :)

20 hours ago, SLP123PLEASE said:

I know that the class list for western is full but just wanted to know that for those who have accepted their offers, is anyone waiting to hear back from another school and would drop their western acceptance to go for their top choice? 

How do you know the class list for Western is full? Did you call them?  I'm also on the waitlist and need to decide if I will be accepting my B plan Master's program or not.  

Thanks!

On 6/18/2019 at 6:12 PM, CANSLP4ME said:

How do you know the class list for Western is full? Did you call them?  I'm also on the waitlist and need to decide if I will be accepting my B plan Master's program or not.  

Thanks!

I contacted Janet via email a few weeks back and she told me that the class is currently full, but the wait list will remain open until September in the event that someone cancels their acceptance. I’m still trying to be hopeful but I don’t think anyone is budging haha. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey everyone! 

I know this form hasn't been as active as lately, but I'm really nervous and seeking advice! I'm applying to the UofA SLP program this year (I've started by application) but I'm a bit worried about my GRE scores. Would anyone be willing to send me their stats of when they got accepted to UofA? I would really appreciate it + any advice you might have!