Canadian SLP Declining Offers Thread 2019

Salsouqi

2 hours ago, SLPhopeful2019 said:

I am waitlisted at Dal, really hoping for an offer because I was rejected from U of A but I have a friend who told me she heard back from Dal waitlist as late as June 5th. 

As for those U of A waitlisted, good luck to you guys, my friend last year was waitlisted end of March and found out in April she was accepted. 

Goodluck with Dal!

Did you get an email from them? I havent heard anything at all from Dal yet...

7 minutes ago, Salsouqi said:

Goodluck with Dal!

Did you get an email from them? I havent heard anything at all from Dal yet...

Thank you! 

Yes, I got an e-mail from them on April 2nd, I would maybe reach out to them in a few days if you haven't received anything? They told me I need to let them know if I want to keep my spot on the waitlist by April 15th. I am also a non-maritime applicant for reference. 

On 4/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, slp.dreamer said:

Waitlisted at UofT and Dal

Hey there, I am also waitlisted to Dal.

Does your application summary, say "Incomplete items outstanding" next to application status? I'm unsure why because lower down everything else appears to be received. 

4 hours ago, SLPhopeful2019 said:

Hey there, I am also waitlisted to Dal.

Does your application summary, say "Incomplete items outstanding" next to application status? I'm unsure why because lower down everything else appears to be received. 

Honestly, I think their application system is somewhat dated, the email is the most current update on your status. 

Hello all! I just firmly accepted my offer at U of T. I have declined my offer at McMaster and Western, as well as my waitlist position at Dal. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlists! You got this!! :)

Hello everyone! I'd love it if you would try to talk me OUT of the school(s) that you are hoping to receive offers from. I have offers from  U of A, Western, and U of T and each program has different aspects that really appeal to me, but it's hard to compare a list of positives. Why not try approaching it from the other side then? I think dealbreakers can be easier to recognize than "dealmakers".

As an example of what I'm getting at, to one person, Toronto is expensive but SO WORTH IT to be in a big city with so much going on . To another, paying so much money just to have a life of crowds and commuting and concrete and constant noise sounds AWFUL. Both takes are equally honest/genuine, but people are going to differ a lot in which perspective resonates with them.

So without further ado, please share why your preferred school might NOT be a good fit for someone else. You never know what might make someone realize they wouldn't be as happy in one program or city as they could be somewhere else, and if they turn down their offer someone will be drawn from the waiting list you're on. It's win-win! 

Hey everyone! congrats to all those who were either accepted/waitlisted! and to those who did not receive an offer do not worry! this is my 2nd time around so defiantly re-apply next year if this is what you want to do. Quick question (not sure if anyone has an answer) put typically how many people are placed on the waitlist for Western? and also what has been the latest someone has been told they were admitted? 

On 4/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, esslepea said:

Hello everyone! I'd love it if you would try to talk me OUT of the school(s) that you are hoping to receive offers from. I have offers from  U of A, Western, and U of T and each program has different aspects that really appeal to me, but it's hard to compare a list of positives. Why not try approaching it from the other side then? I think dealbreakers can be easier to recognize than "dealmakers".

As an example of what I'm getting at, to one person, Toronto is expensive but SO WORTH IT to be in a big city with so much going on . To another, paying so much money just to have a life of crowds and commuting and concrete and constant noise sounds AWFUL. Both takes are equally honest/genuine, but people are going to differ a lot in which perspective resonates with them.

So without further ado, please share why your preferred school might NOT be a good fit for someone else. You never know what might make someone realize they wouldn't be as happy in one program or city as they could be somewhere else, and if they turn down their offer someone will be drawn from the waiting list you're on. It's win-win! 

Lol I'm literally in the exact same boat as you! I've been accepted into U of A, Western and U of T and it's been a major struggle trying to figure out which program to pick. ? After hours and hours researching the programs I haven't gotten one step closer to picking a program ? - So I can totally relate!!

Edited by slpmb!

On 4/6/2019 at 11:56 AM, esslepea said:

Hi, 

This post is for people to indicate which schools they plan to accept or decline in order for those on the wait list to get a better idea of their chances. 

Kindly direct your 'debate' discussions to the original Canadian SLP thread. 

4 minutes ago, slpmb! said:

Lol I'm literally in the exact same boat as you! I've been accepted into U of A, Western and U of T and it's been a major struggle trying to figure out which program to pick. ? After hours and hours researching the programs I haven't gotten one step closer to picking a program ? - So I can totally relate!!

Hi, 

This post is for people to indicate which schools they plan to accept or decline in order for those on the wait list to get a better idea of their chances. 

Kindly direct your 'debate' discussions to the original Canadian SLP thread. 

2 hours ago, SpeechM said:

I just accepted an unconditional offer at UofA this afternoon 3pm Alberta time! I will be declining at McGill after work today. 

On 4/4/2019 at 12:33 PM, slpfinally said:

For anybody who is waitlisted for U of T: I contacted the Students Affair Officer, who let me know that they will only be moving through the waitlist starting April 17th :(

I hope this applies to other Ontario schools too, the wait is unbearable ?