Canadian SLP Declining Offers Thread 2019

Salsouqi

I am on the waitlist for McGill and I emailed this morning and apparently there are no spots open? I don't know what that means for the people on the waitlist, but we are not ranked because of this! I also don't understand how there are no spots when people posted about declining offers 

2 hours ago, SLP2019please said:

I am on the waitlist for McGill and I emailed this morning and apparently there are no spots open? I don't know what that means for the people on the waitlist, but we are not ranked because of this! I also don't understand how there are no spots when people posted about declining offers 

Hi, I am on the waitlist at McGill too! what exactly did the email say? Does this mean there's no longer a waitlist?

1 minute ago, BobthebuildersWife said:

I don't think what SLP2019please says makes sense. Mcgill says they wont tell you where you are on the Waitlist. And they also say they wont give you any information if you email them. Sounds like you need to relax and follow instructions. Maybe post the reply you got and we can help you understand what they said. 

Hello,

I emailed because this is a torturous wait, I didn't break any rules and they didn't have to answer me, but they did. They said, and I quote "at this time there are no spots available, therefore, applicants on the waitlist have not been ranked". To which I asked since there are no spots available will the waitlisted students be sent a rejection letter or will we remain on the waitlist just in case until June. To which they responded and again I quote "your name will remain on the waitlist in the event of persons withdraw from the program". I don't know why you are being so rude, we are all anxiously awaiting. 

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as rude. I believe tomorrow is the date to have your decision In regarding acceptances. If you look at the 2018 SLP tread you'll see that on the 18th is when all the phone calls went out for the first round of the waitlist. I think they don't know until tomorrow how many people have declined. Anyways all the best I hope it works out for you. Thank you for the info

Just now, BobthebuildersWife said:

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as rude. I believe tomorrow is the date to have your decision In regarding acceptances. If you look at the 2018 SLP tread you'll see that on the 18th is when all the phone calls went out for the first round of the waitlist. I think they don't know until tomorrow how many people have declined. Anyways all the best I hope it works out for you. Thank you for the info

The deadline to accept was yesterday the 15th which is why I emailed today. Good luck to you as well, and you're welcome

9 hours ago, overcaffeinatedslp said:

Sitting on the waitlist for Dal! 

Any current students or folks with more insight know the size of the average Dal SLP cohort, and how many people they might put on a waitlist? 

Hi! No idea about how many go onto the waitlist, but I know there are between 25 and 30 in the class! 

Accepted off the waitlist from U of T this morning, but I will be declining their offer to attend U of A. Hopefully that opens up a spot for a U of T hopeful on this forum! :) 

On 4/2/2019 at 1:24 PM, Salsouqi said:

@hopefulSLP2be7 started a thread like this last year (for American Applicants) for those who are playing the waiting game... Please post here if you are DECLINING your acceptance OR waitlist position at a school. This will HELP people get a better idea of their situation! Thanks to everyone who participates! Congrats to all the SLPs to be!”

Thanks for creating this thread. Waitlisted McMaster.

On 4/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, rleeyh said:

Just got into UT & western (waitlisted at Mac). Will be most likely be taking my spot for u of t so that should open up a spot at western and hopefully move some people up on the wait list at McMaster! Best of luck guys~

What program at McMaster?

On 4/23/2019 at 8:06 PM, Slpeechie said:

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist for Alberta yet?

The deadline to accept an offer of admission is April 30th so there should lots of waitlist movement after that :) 

19 hours ago, Salsouqi said:

I got a call from Vicki a few hours ago to be offered a spot at U of A! 

I thought they wouldn’t be contacting waitlist before April 30th but I guess that’s not the case!!!

goodluck to everyone still waiting :) 

Congrats! I haven’t heard anything so I’m trying to stay hopeful ??

20 hours ago, Salsouqi said:

I got a call from Vicki a few hours ago to be offered a spot at U of A! 

I thought they wouldn’t be contacting waitlist before April 30th but I guess that’s not the case!!!

goodluck to everyone still waiting :) 

Congrats!! Would you mind pming me your stats? 

Edited by SLPhopeful2019