MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

1 hour ago, ubcmph2020 said:

Got accepted to UBC MPH this morning as well!! For those still waiting - it's not over until it's over! UBC was my first choice so I withdrew my UoA Epidemiology application.  good luck to those still waiting! you can do it!

Oh wow! Many, many congratulations! UBC is the dream!

Also, although u withdrew your application from UoA could you please tell me did you get an update from them till now?

Annnnd please share your profile as well if that’s alright to ask for.

Thank you.

51 minutes ago, xttr said:

Congratulations! Mind sharing your profile?

domestic, first-gen university student with abysmal grades in first and second year at UBC due to mental health issues, stepped it up big time in years 3-5 after seeking treatment. Graduated from UBC Science in 2019 and was a research assistant at UBC SPPH since 2017 and exec in a public health club at UBC for 3 years, and published 2 public health related journal articles. Stats truly aren't everything (got rejected from McMaster Global Health last year and McGill MScPH this year - ouch).

1 minute ago, zainnnny said:

Oh wow! Many, many congratulations! UBC is the dream!

Also, although u withdrew your application from UoA could you please tell me did you get an update from them till now?

Annnnd please share your profile as well if that’s alright to ask for.

Thank you.

I've heard radio silence from UoA thus far...they are really keeping the suspense high for y'all

4 minutes ago, ubcmph2020 said:

I've heard radio silence from UoA thus far...they are really keeping the suspense high for y'all

I have applied for MPH Epi at UoA as well. Some people have already been accepted to their MPH, albeit different concentration. Their silence for me plus the fact that some ppl have already been accepted is kinda freaking me out.

Another reason that I am so worried is that I am a dentist and at dental schools it’s more about Pass/Fail rather than how good a GPA you have. So although I was the topper of my batch, my GPA is not as great. However, I do have work ex.

Edited by zainnnny

21 minutes ago, ubcmph2020 said:

domestic, first-gen university student with abysmal grades in first and second year at UBC due to mental health issues, stepped it up big time in years 3-5 after seeking treatment. Graduated from UBC Science in 2019 and was a research assistant at UBC SPPH since 2017 and exec in a public health club at UBC for 3 years, and published 2 public health related journal articles. Stats truly aren't everything (got rejected from McMaster Global Health last year and McGill MScPH this year - ouch).

You’re a trooper! Your acceptance seems well-deserved and I wish you all the success in it!

7 hours ago, Mph201999 said:

for my cohort, around 40 people. health promotion is about 20, health policy around 10. epid like 5-10, biostats 3. you got the ideal.

OMG! This must be very competitive putting into consideration the number of applicants. 

No idea about Global Health and Food Safety? 

Edited by SheeBella

5 hours ago, zainnnny said:

I wonder when will I hear from them. I pray that I get accepted by them.

I applied to Alberta's Global Health concentration. Submitted my application on November 27th. It's been stuck at prescreening since Feb 12th. Like wtf?? Coz I can see that most of those who are yet to hear back, their status is at under review. 

However, I doubt I'll get into Alberta especially because of how GPA centric they are, plus I understand that Global Health is very competitive. My GPA ain't that great/competitive. 

A part from Alberta, I've applied to other universities in Ireland and Australia. 

Waiting to hear back from them too. 

1 hour ago, SheeBella said:

I applied to Alberta's Global Health concentration. Submitted my application on November 27th. It's been stuck at prescreening since Feb 12th. Like wtf?? Coz I can see that most of those who are yet to hear back, their status is at under review. 

However, I doubt I'll get into Alberta especially because of how GPA centric they are, plus I understand that Global Health is very competitive. My GPA ain't that great/competitive. 

A part from Alberta, I've applied to other universities in Ireland and Australia. 

Same feeling, dept has not began their check, both the checks are pending, wondering if they even opened my file. Int student and have no idea what GPA ill have, because the university gold medal in county will have 70% out of 100. so obviously low GPA. Fingers crossed. ;/

1 hour ago, SamuelSR said:

Same feeling, dept has not began their check, both the checks are pending, wondering if they even opened my file. Int student and have no idea what GPA ill have, because the university gold medal in county will have 70% out of 100. so obviously low GPA. Fingers crossed. ;/

But your status reads under review. Meaning that your application has gone through the prescreening stage. I don't think it would have changed if it were not reviewed. 

So keep the hope burning though I completely understand when you say that you worried. Is UofA the only uni you applied to? 

Edited by SheeBella

38 minutes ago, SheeBella said:

But your status reads under review. Meaning that your application has gone through the prescreening stage. I don't think it would have changed if it were not reviewed. 

So keep the hope burning though I completely understand when you say that you worried. Is UofA the only uni you applied to? 

yeah, other than that I have applied for a MSC course in UT. 

I have solid research profile, but May be UA feels other wise. I don't know. 

Have decent profile with 5+ years of Exp in public health/research 

6 hours ago, SheeBella said:

Mine’s stuck at prescreening too, and it’s killing me now. This waiting period. How come it’s taking so long!

3 hours ago, ph2020 said:

Hello

I'm an international Medical graduate. I've applied to MPH programs at UoGuelph and UoSask. Also applied to the MS Epidemiology program at UoOttawa. Haven't received a reply from any of them yet. 

USask ppl haven’t replied to anyone as of now, I guess. I wrote to them a few days ago and they said that they will start inform all students of their decision by April. So, I am guessing that we will start hearing from them by the end of this month.

Would you please share your profile details? Have you applied to UoA too?

Just now, zainnnny said:

USask ppl haven’t replied to anyone as of now, I guess. I wrote to them a few days ago and they said that they will start informing all students of their decision by April. So, I am guessing that we will start hearing from them by the end of this month.

Would you please share your profile details? Have you applied to UoA too?

5 hours ago, SamuelSR said:

Hey!

Which concentration have you applied for at UoA?

Also, please don’t worry, I am sure you will make it through.

5 hours ago, SamuelSR said:

My department 1 and department 2 checks are complete. However, my file’s still at prescreening stage. I don’t know how could that be.

Hello, people!

Can anyone please tell me why my profile at UoA is still at prescreening? I submitted my application in October. Also, can I do anything about it?

Edited by zainnnny