MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

1 hour ago, Anxiouscat said:

Omg congrats!! I’m a new lurker, can you please share your profile? I’m waiting for the same! 

Thank you ! DM'd you re: profile (in more details)

32 minutes ago, phlove33 said:

Ahh, I'm jelly! Congratulations to  you! I'm still waiting and its my top choice so I hope I get in. :(

They emailed you?

Thank you!! I just got an email from the grad assistant with the offer. She also mentioned that I have until April 7th to accept the offer, and there is a waitlist, so more are coming. My fingers are crossed for you!! 

59 minutes ago, Anxiouscat said:

Congratulations! Can you please share your profile?

Thank you :) 

I don’t think I have a strong public health background / work experience... 
I finished a degree in Biological Sciences with GPA of 3.7/4.0 (domestic applicant)
I have 1 year experience of lab research that I did in my undergrad 
6 years of hospital volunteering experience
2 ongoing research projects which I am helping with data analysis 
4 years of club executive experience 
I’ve been working as an optical assistant for 2 years now 
For references, I got strong references from one of the optometrists I work closely with, my undergraduate research supervisor as my academic reference and I also got one from one of the PIs I am working with for the 2 ongoing research projects. 

Hi There

I got an offer of admission from queens on March 19 and was waitlisted at Mac on March 10th .... Mac is my number one choice bc it is close to home. If anyone knows how long the waitlist is please let me know! The letter from the department said not to inquire about this, and to just wait it out... 

1 hour ago, katniss055 said:

No! Being an SFU Student, I am eagerly waiting for their response. But I know that they are closed and might be working from home. I did send an email to their MPH Advisor, but no reply! 

Ahhh, can you please let us know if you hear back? 

1 hour ago, katniss055 said:

I wonder how many more seats are remaining for Uvic, becoz that's my first choice. It's so boring these days ! 

Same! Have not heard from them or anyone for that matter. I'm seriously starting to think I'm not getting in this year