MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

23 hours ago, jmph2020 said:

Has anyone heard back from Waterloo, Brock, or Lakehead recently?

Waterloo was suppose to send out final decisions last Friday, but I haven't heard anything so far 

Nope. Same thing for me. I haven't heard a single thing from the..I know a few people from this forum recieved acceptances last week.

What does your application say for lakehead? 

1 hour ago, Meeha said:

Nope. Same thing for me. I haven't heard a single thing from the..I know a few people from this forum recieved acceptances last week.

What does your application say for lakehead? 

It just says this: 

Thank you for choosing Lakehead University! You can upload and review the status of the required supporting application documents by either selecting your application or accessing the Graduate Studies Online Application section of your myInfo account.
Please note that additional documentation may be requested.
Please continue to monitor your myInfo account.
Your application status will be updated once we receive a recommendation from the academic unit.

3 hours ago, jmph2020 said:

It just says this: 

Thank you for choosing Lakehead University! You can upload and review the status of the required supporting application documents by either selecting your application or accessing the Graduate Studies Online Application section of your myInfo account.
Please note that additional documentation may be requested.
Please continue to monitor your myInfo account.
Your application status will be updated once we receive a recommendation from the academic unit.

Oh okay. Says the same thing for me. Please do update if you hear anything from them as will I. 

7 hours ago, mphboundhopefully said:

Hey all, I just wanted to update yall in case anyone is on the U of A waitlist or has not heard yet! I heard from them yesterday with an admission to the MPH Health Promotion (on campus)!

Congrats! That's so exciting! 

On 4/15/2020 at 7:44 PM, mphontario202 said:

Thank you! Honestly this was a surprise as i though uoft was a reach for me (still waiting for an email to tell me it was a mistake lol). 

Hon BSc in psych, 87 final year gpa. Honours thesis (manuscript in preparation), volunteer research assistant, some public health volunteering, unrelated office-type work experience/internships every summer of undergrad. My LOI was very specific in terms of research interests and the specific area of epi I'm interested in. 

Best of luck! 

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance :) I was wondering if you took any specific courses related to epidemiology (also, how many stats courses did you take?). Was your honours thesis and volunteer RA position related to that of epidemiology or public health? Thanks, appreciate any help!!! :D

On 5/1/2020 at 8:16 AM, chikoleeds said:

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for MPH 2020 for the University of Saskatchewan?

Not seen any. 

1 minute ago, MPH2020Canada said:

I just received a rejected from UofT Health Promo field 

Aw i'm sorry to hear about this - did you check the portal or did they send you an email? I'm honestly expecting one as well at this point aha 

19 minutes ago, mphsznn said:

Aw i'm sorry to hear about this - did you check the portal or did they send you an email? I'm honestly expecting one as well at this point aha 

That's alright! They sent an email saying a decision has been reached and then the document was attached in the portal. You never know, I hope you hear some good news!

For anyone who is still waiting for a response from Waterloo University...I emailed to ask if they were still reviewing applications because they had sent an email a couple weeks ago that we hear back by April 24th, but I hadn't heard anything since then.

They responded back and said this: 

"Thank you for applying to the Master of Public Health (MPH) program at the University of Waterloo. We are continuing to review applications.

We appreciate your patience." 

Did anyone hear back from UofT MPH Epi yet? They had a deadline for a round of admissions on April 29th, and was wondering if they sent their next round already.

2 hours ago, mphsznn said:

Sorry to hear about this! Hope you have other opportunities still open to you.

29 minutes ago, MPHhope said:

Did anyone hear back from UofT MPH Epi yet? They had a deadline for a round of admissions on April 29th, and was wondering if they sent their next round already.

Sorry to hear about this! Hope you have other opportunities still open to you.

I'm still waiting for that too. No updates. 

On 5/1/2020 at 1:55 PM, juniper2020 said:

Hi just wanted to update those who are on the waitlist for Queens. I emailed them and they said that they had 70 people on the waitlist that are not yet ranked. Hopefully they will have some news soon... Waiting is soooo hard.

this is terrifying. 70 freakin people! ?