MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

30 minutes ago, NicoleDes said:

Congratulations to everyone who heard back today :) 

I am still shocked. I am sure you're up next- keep me posted! I truly did not think I would get in. I've been working in advertising for three years and am a career-changer with only AmeriCorps experience and camp counseling. You got this. 

8 hours ago, Mrhopeful said:

I reached out to CU today and they were totally sweet. Told me my application was under review (finally) yet I haven’t seen any changes in the portal. Then they said they would be back to me BEFORE March. ??  anyone else apply for the advanced Clinical Social Work Practice and haven’t heard back yet. This wait is agonizing 

I also applied to clinical social work practice and havent heard back yet! Your not alone!

Edited by sw2020

56 minutes ago, ZoeD said:

I am still shocked. I am sure you're up next- keep me posted! I truly did not think I would get in. I've been working in advertising for three years and am a career-changer with only AmeriCorps experience and camp counseling. You got this. 

Thank you so much, your positivity means a lot to me. I’m so happy for you- from what it sounds like you deserve it!!! 

9 hours ago, SMLDC said:

Awesome - congrats to you! Did they happen to say anything about financial aid/scholarships or when letters will hit our inboxes?

My scholarship information was in my letter in the mail.  They said FAFSA-based financial aid would be sent out later.

12 hours ago, SMLDC said:

Not sure if anyone here applied to University of Pittsburgh, but I received an acceptance last week in a bit of a roundabout way. I received an email from admissions about an admitted students lunch this spring, but I had not received an official message from the school about an admissions decision. (I also received an email from them about a fellowship they suggested I apply for, having reviewed my application, though I was not actually eligible for the fellowship since it was for advanced-standing and second-year students.) The only indication I had was when I logged into the portal, I had an "accept/decline" page that was literally otherwise BLANK... When I noted this to the person who reached out about the admitted students lunch, she said that was effectively an acceptance, though a letter is forthcoming with more detail. An odd way to get to "yes," but I'll take it. Wanted to share that in case others were waiting to hear back. (I applied on their early decision deadline in January.)

I've been accepted, but I didn't get the e-mail about the admitted students lunch.  Do you mind sharing when it is?

56 minutes ago, sw2020 said:

I also applied to clinical social work practice and havent heard back yet! Your not alone!

Same! I am getting a little less anxious knowing that SO many folx who applied for the clinical track, haven't heard back from Columbia yet. Sending positivity to everyone in the same boat :) 

Edited by avizenoi96

Hi everyone! I got waitlisted from CU and feeling a little bummed. Can anyone give insight on how likely or not it is to be offered a place off the waitlist? Also, as I submitted my app a while ago, I have since started a new job and also enrolled in an online program at UPenn which is related to social work. Should I send across this information for consideration, would it help? 

They said I would hear back finally by April 19, but I am visiting NYC end of March, should I go meet them to discuss or would that be frowned upon? 

Thank you for your inputs! 

7 hours ago, Nai23 said:

Hi everyone! I got waitlisted from CU and feeling a little bummed. Can anyone give insight on how likely or not it is to be offered a place off the waitlist? Also, as I submitted my app a while ago, I have since started a new job and also enrolled in an online program at UPenn which is related to social work. Should I send across this information for consideration, would it help? 

They said I would hear back finally by April 19, but I am visiting NYC end of March, should I go meet them to discuss or would that be frowned upon? 

Thank you for your inputs! 

I think you still have a very good chance to get in if you got wait listed. Most people end up declining their spot at CU after reviewing tuition costs and a lot more open up. Could you ask what spot you are on the wait list? I am not sure that information would help at this point, unless you ask for a re-review - however not sure if they would or not. I have heard in the past those who have got wait listed and received a date by when they would hear back by are pretty high on the wait list and typically have got in. 

As far as meeting them - You should call closer to your trip and see if you could schedule a visit with a contact, so at least you definitely could see the campus.

Good Luck!!!! I am sure spots will open up!

2 minutes ago, HKC said:

Has anyone heard from U-Michigan about FAFSA or financial aid yet? 

nothing yet...the person who called me a couple weeks back said they'd probably send something by mid-march but would be super if they could send things out sooner! 

9 hours ago, avizenoi96 said:

Same! I am getting a little less anxious knowing that SO many folx who applied for the clinical track, haven't heard back from Columbia yet. Sending positivity to everyone in the same boat :) 

same same! fingers crossed ya'll