MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

15 minutes ago, acran said:

Has anyone who applied to Columbia by the February deadline gotten a decision back yet? I’m anxiously awaiting!!!! 

I just got a decision today actually and applied by the Feb deadline. I got waitlisted :( booo but hopefully you hear back soon :)

7 minutes ago, Gelibutter said:

I just got a decision today actually and applied by the Feb deadline. I got waitlisted :( booo but hopefully you hear back soon :)

Thank you so much for your response!! I hope you hear good news soon. Fingers crossed!

30 minutes ago, Gelibutter said:

Where were you waitlisted to? Just got waitlisted by CU so I feel u 

Yes. ? It’s disappointing. I guess I’m glad to have heard something. I’ve been anticipating an answer. I really hope you get in! ??

For anyone curious about the scholarship reapplication process: I have heard back on re-reviews from two (out of three) schools where I requested additional funds. Boston College matched my highest offer and U of Chicago offered an additional 3k a year. I am still waiting to hear back on scholarships from UNC, but will most likely be attending Chicago if UNC (or my re-review at Michigan) is unable to beat their offer!

12 minutes ago, gracie18 said:

For anyone curious about the scholarship reapplication process: I have heard back on re-reviews from two (out of three) schools where I requested additional funds. Boston College matched my highest offer and U of Chicago offered an additional 3k a year. I am still waiting to hear back on scholarships from UNC, but will most likely be attending Chicago if UNC (or my re-review at Michigan) is unable to beat their offer!

I’m thinking of reaching out to UChicago to ask for additional aid. I’m curious at how you went about this process and what UChicago offered you? I already received a pretty decent scholarship which I’m grateful for but if they could provide me with any additional aid it would of course help. I have a lot of student debt already and want to minimize that and not stress while in school ? 

Guest Kim F.
On 3/20/2020 at 4:17 AM, Madsby said:

Has anyone else not heard back from UNC Chapel Hill? My roommate is still waiting and we thought it would be this week! :/ 

I’m currently waiting as well

7 hours ago, gracie18 said:

If you don't mind sharing, how much additional funds did you request from Boston College . I'm definitely going to BC in the Fall and I submitted a scholarship Reconsideration and am waiting to hear back if they will give me any additional, I submitted it about two weeks ago, so I'm hoping they say something this week?

19 minutes ago, HFMSW2020 said:

Any UGA, Florida State, or Florida A&M MSW applicants? If so, have you heard back from any? 

I’m UGA!! My friend who applied before me heard back already and I think someone in this thread who submitted their app feb 12th(?) heard back already? But I’m still waiting. I applied on Feb 15th. 

52 minutes ago, Allanaj said:

I’m UGA!! My friend who applied before me heard back already and I think someone in this thread who submitted their app feb 12th(?) heard back already? But I’m still waiting. I applied on Feb 15th. 

That makes me feel a lot better. I applied Feb 14, so close to your date. They did mention in their reply after receiving my application that decisions should be out by the end of the month so I am hoping to hear back by the end of this week! Though I know the unexpected Coronavirus pandemic could change things, I hope not. Good luck to you!

Guest Kim F.

Hopefully someone can answer but has anyone heard from UNC MSW 3 year program? I emailed the admissions office but no luck

Does anyone have advice about the process of asking for more aid? I was admitted to UChicago today with $20,000 scholarship today but am in need of further assistance than this. I heard that UChicago often honors request for further assistance and am wondering about other peoples experiences and processes with this. Thanks in advance!

23 hours ago, JilltheGradgal said:

How is everyone feeling with the coronavirus and us supposedly starting in the fall? Have any schools reached out to you guys? 

My school is still continuing with everything as normal it seems.. my field placement advisor reached out to me and we will start the proces next week. They haven't hinted or stated they won't be starting in the Fall but my friends and family keep asking if I will be starting in the Fall because of COVID and I am hoping it doesn't last that long and we will all be allowed to start in the Fall. I'm nervous about not being able to start but I am remaining hopeful that everything will go back to "normal " by the summer time.