MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

12 minutes ago, carson.perkins said:

how was their financial aid? decent?

I received a small scholarship and $20k for grad loans! I will have to request additional loans to cover the rest. 

Just now, Zayah said:

I received a small scholarship and $20k for grad loans! I will have to request additional loans to cover the rest. 

Are they having an admitted students day or anything?

7 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Are they having an admitted students day or anything?

We received a link to find all that information and start our admissions process (field work, housing, email set up,etc). There is an entire long checklist. Orientation is: August 31 - September 4, 2020. However, I did not see a specific students admitted day.

Edited by Zayah
typo.

Finally got my U.Mich acceptance email/letter after the call on 1/13! So for those still waiting, seems like they're rolling them out (just slowly). No word on financial aid yet. A bit frustrating that the 3/30 deposit date is earlier than the 4/15 date for other schools. 

8 minutes ago, Polcc said:

Anyone know any information about BU? All my portal says is completed. I applied on 1/09 but just wondering if anyone heard a time frame??

I got an email from BU once my application was complete saying that I would be notified of my decision by the end of February. 

11 minutes ago, NicoleDes said:

I got an email from BU once my application was complete saying that I would be notified of my decision by the end of February. 

awesome thanks! weird, I didn't get that email only one saying it would change to complete and be given a complete date... Does your portal say a complete date?

On 1/3/2020 at 12:45 PM, frootloop said:

Hi all,

For anyone who has already been accepted to NYU, how long after the Application Completion Status email did you receive a decision? 

Hi I don't know if anyone answered your question yet but I was just accepted to NYU's MSW program on Friday (1/24)! They sent an email to check the app portal. My app was complete and sent to review 1/06. Hope this helps! 

13 minutes ago, qnguyen0227 said:

Hi I don't know if anyone answered your question yet but I was just accepted to NYU's MSW program on Friday (1/24)! They sent an email to check the app portal. My app was complete and sent to review 1/06. Hope this helps! 

How do you know if your application was sent to review? I'm nervous because I hadn't heard anything ? 

2 minutes ago, simonsays said:

How do you know if your application was sent to review? I'm nervous because I hadn't heard anything ? 

They sent an email saying my application was complete 2 days after I submitted my app (so I assumed that it was sent in for review after they said the app is fully completed?). They are probably still looking through applications! They are sending out decisions up until late Feb I believe!

3 minutes ago, msw2020waiting said:

I received the interview email from UPenn just now and called to schedule. The earliest opening is already in late February!

oof i havent even gotten the email. late feb! oof!

Just now, Zayah said:

Submitted my deposit to CU!!!!! So extremely excited and hope to meet some of you this fall!

If anyone has any suggestions on housing options, please let me know!!

Congrats! I've lived in NYC for the past 5 years, so let me know if you need anything or have any questions :)

Just now, simonsays said:

Congrats! I've lived in NYC for the past 5 years, so let me know if you need anything or have any questions :)

That is awesome! Thank you so much for the offer - I will be PM you later today with some specific questions!! 

No Penn email for me either! Called Columbia and they told me my application is still under review and to give it 1-2 weeks. This is the most stressful waiting period ever ugh but it feels a lot better knowing I have at least one school.

Congrats to everyone who recently got acceptances!!

17 minutes ago, megan715 said:

No Penn email for me either! Called Columbia and they told me my application is still under review and to give it 1-2 weeks. This is the most stressful waiting period ever ugh but it feels a lot better knowing I have at least one school.

Congrats to everyone who recently got acceptances!!

I haven’t heard back either. What number did you call to contact admissions? I want to call as well. 

4 hours ago, Zayah said:

Same here—the grad loans are the same ones we can be approved for at any school though correct? They just chose to include it in their aid package where some schools only initially tell you scholarship amounts? 

Unfortunately their scholarship was lower than what I’ve been offered at Penn so no bargaining chip for me ?

10 minutes ago, NicoleDes said:

I haven’t heard back either. What number did you call to contact admissions? I want to call as well. 

(212) 851-2300

I called yesterday and had to leave a message, they just got back to me