2020 Applicants Forum

feralgrad

25 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

Hah...i just woke up from one...to find IWW ON THE RESULTS BOARD!

Same. I took a stress nap because I read Rutgers Newark sent emails to people regarding interviews and I didn't get one. And now this!

Also, to make things worse, I don't know how this could have happened but I did not send in my official transcript to Rutgers, which they require. I have NO excuse but apparently I had been logging into the wrong page to check on my apps. One is to submit the application (which I had been checking, and says it has been submitted successfully) and the other page, which I found after going through my various Rutgers emails after reading about the interviews on Draft, says my transcript is outstanding. I will call the school tomorrow to see if it's too late to submit... but I feel like such an idiot. I mean, I think if they thought I was a strong candidate, they would have reached out to me to ask me to submit by transcript, but still, I can't help but feel I jeopardized my application. Let this be a warning to all: Do not make the mistake I made! 

5 minutes ago, Dochinka96 said:

are Iowa calls generally all on one day or staggered? I thought it was staggered, but if so...kind of strange that first ones tend to always happen the third monday of the month lol

there is some algorithm here us peasants can never know 

Based on the last few years on the results board, definitely staggered, but not beyond third week of February. After that its just waiting for post to arrive with the rejection.

PS. If anyone is on draft, please pass on any new info you see. !

Edited by rbr542

3 minutes ago, Dochinka96 said:

are Iowa calls generally all on one day or staggered? I thought it was staggered, but if so...kind of strange that first ones tend to always happen the third monday of the month lol

I also think it's staggered. So anxious now I can literally do nothing but refresh. haha. I don't care what they will say in their note, just yes or no. And right now. Haha.

3 minutes ago, Dochinka96 said:

I noticed that too! But then I thought maybe we would be spared today as it's a national holiday, but alas!

I hope they are staggered. At least, we have some hope?

11 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

May the invisible literary forces help us all get into Iowa, or wherever your top pick is. Could you imagine all of us getting into Iowa, at least I would vaguely know people.

Hope that we can create kind of like a black hole haha. I just imagine us, together, founding a magazine then we topple Paris Review haha. Well, my fantasies. =))

My fiction people who applied to IWW, you should expect a phone call relatively soon (in the next two days) if you’re being accepted. Poetry people it’s a bit hazier but probably an email a few days after the last fiction acceptances go out. My hope has suddenly come back to life because it’s a bigger cohort and I want to believe I might have a tiny chance of making a spot low on the waitlist.

6 minutes ago, anarchisttiger said:

Maybe we should all skip school and start our own workshop – same thing right? 

yeah. I also think so haha. Anyway, should I assume that we're safe at least for today? I guess it'd be 5pm in Iowa already. This 7 hours gap between there and Europe is killing me. =))

2 minutes ago, Karakoram said:

yeah. I also think so haha. Anyway, should I assume that we're safe at least for today? I guess it'd be 5pm in Iowa already. This 7 hours gap between there and Europe is killing me. =))

Yea, ten past five in Iowa City. I think we are done for today. See y'all bright and early tomorrow morning! 

Edited by rbr542

My phone rang with Iowa City code. It was Samantha Chang. I'm in for fiction with GTA funding. I don't remember what I said, something like thank you...??? ? Third try. I'm not sure if this is a dream btw. 

Edited by rbr542

7 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

My phone rang with Iowa City code. It was Samantha Chang. I'm in for fiction with GTA funding. I don't remember what I said, something like thank you...??? ? Third try. I'm not sure if this is a dream btw. 

Omg for real?? FOR REAL? This is incredible!! 

9 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

Congratulations!! You definitely earned it; sticking to your (figurative) dream panned out!

13 minutes ago, feralgrad said:

Congratulations!! You definitely earned it; sticking to your (figurative) dream panned out!

16 minutes ago, anarchisttiger said:

Omg for real?? FOR REAL? This is incredible!! 

Thank you! I feel like crying. Happy and scared!

I really hope you all hear the news you want to as well! if not, try and try again. Don't ever give up, friends. 

Edited by rbr542

25 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

OMG, CONGRATS!!! very amazing :) 

28 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

I'm excited for you. 

34 minutes ago, rbr542 said:

Congrats! We'll be rooting for you!

1 hour ago, rbr542 said:

Congrats!!!

3 hours ago, rbr542 said:

Dude! That’s amazing! Congrats!

at least IWW is this week, NWP (Iowa nonfiction) is next week at earliest! Don’t give up hope everyone!