Teachers College: Columbia University Applications Fall 2020!

irisjade

On 2/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, rururururu said:

I just got an invitation for a group interview--does this mean that I've passed the "first" round? When do the decision results come out after the interview? Nervous but happy that I've gotten a chance

Hi @rururururu! I received my offer 2 days after the interview. All the best!

8 hours ago, irisjade said:

To all the people who got accepted, did your admissions portal/letter say anything about an admissions day? Last year it was on March 25 I think. Just trying to get a clearer idea of when I might hear back 

27th March 

Hi everyone!

I think you should try logging into the Admitted students portal like they did in last year’s thread. I didn’t get any email updates and my application still looks the same, but when I tried logging into the portal it said congratulations and had some extra information and different tabs. I think it’s worth a try if you’re still waiting to hear back.

Hi all, I received an email from TC:

Congratulations on your offer of admission to Teachers College, Columbia University! I'm excited to hear that you have been selected to join our community of scholars. My name is Alyssa Timko, and I am the financial aid liaison for the Mathematics, Science, and Technology department.

I wonder does that mean anything about scholarship or funding? Or maybe that is just a standard email to admitted students?

2 hours ago, Bostongirl31 said:

Hi everyone!

I think you should try logging into the Admitted students portal like they did in last year’s thread. I didn’t get any email updates and my application still looks the same, but when I tried logging into the portal it said congratulations and had some extra information and different tabs. I think it’s worth a try if you’re still waiting to hear back.

Unfortunately no luck for me. I've also been in touch with admissions who said my application is still under review. And last year someone from my program didn't get an acceptance until the end of March, so I'm not holding my breath. It's just frustrating because I want to make a decision sooner rather than later, as I will be moving across the country for any of my schools and would like to be able to start planning for it. 

8 hours ago, Sissi Chen said:

Hi all, I received an email from TC:

Congratulations on your offer of admission to Teachers College, Columbia University! I'm excited to hear that you have been selected to join our community of scholars. My name is Alyssa Timko, and I am the financial aid liaison for the Mathematics, Science, and Technology department.

I wonder does that mean anything about scholarship or funding? Or maybe that is just a standard email to admitted students?

Hi, Sissi

I was also admitted into the Math Education EdD program:) and asked Alyssa last week regarding the financial aid. Here is her reply: "The Mathematics, Science, and Technology (MST) department is in the process of evaluating newly admitted students to determine their eligibility for doctoral fellowship or scholarship opportunities. Eligible recipients will be notified via email and the award will appear on your Admitted Student Portal. Their goal is to notify eligible candidates before the admission deposit deadline." Hope this is helpful! :D

42 minutes ago, haoyiWwW said:

Hi, Sissi

I was also admitted into the Math Education EdD program:) and asked Alyssa last week regarding the financial aid. Here is her reply: "The Mathematics, Science, and Technology (MST) department is in the process of evaluating newly admitted students to determine their eligibility for doctoral fellowship or scholarship opportunities. Eligible recipients will be notified via email and the award will appear on your Admitted Student Portal. Their goal is to notify eligible candidates before the admission deposit deadline." Hope this is helpful! :D

Yes I got the same email from Alyssa as well. Have you decided if you’ll accept Columbia?

1 hour ago, seskande said:

Yes I got the same email from Alyssa as well. Have you decided if you’ll accept Columbia?

I will most likely wait until the financial package is out to make my final decision, since the program is too expensive for me to afford without any assistance.

Have you decided if you'll accept their offer?

2 hours ago, haoyiWwW said:

Hi, Sissi

Thank you! Congratulations! Will you attend the info session 3/27? 

2 hours ago, haoyiWwW said:

I will most likely wait until the financial package is out to make my final decision, since the program is too expensive for me to afford without any assistance.

Have you decided if you'll accept their offer?

Same here. Waiting to hear on the finaid before I decide.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:28 AM, Bostongirl31 said:

Hi everyone!

If we haven't been admitted, how do we login to the admitted students portal? It requires an ID number that it says you only receive once you've gotten your admittance package...

On 3/9/2020 at 1:58 PM, hhollyvx said:

I've applied to the MA program in International Education Development and still haven't heard anything yet... 

I applied to the program as well and I haven’t heard anything either