Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

On 1/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, chels_sire said:

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard back from Nova Southeastern University PhD/PsyD Clinical Psychology program? I saw on the results page that applicants who applied for early admission have already received interviews and acceptances, but haven't heard anything from applicants who applied for regular admission deadline of Jan 8th. I spoke with admissions and they said that they have started sending invites out, and we should know by next week. Has anyone received any communication from them? The wait is killing me haha.

Thank you, and good luck with all your applications!

Did you receive an interview invite from Nova?

17 hours ago, psycho-metrics said:

If the poster on the results page for the University of Tennessee Clinical Psychology sees this, would you mind sharing your PI? Congratulations!

Sure! My PI is GO. The two posters for UTK today were both for the counseling psych program though, so if you're clinical, there may still be time!

Edited by teehee

5 minutes ago, teehee said:

Sure! My PI is GO. The two posters for UTK today were both for the counseling psych program though, so if you're clinical, there may still be time!

Thank you! Someone had posted on Feb 1st they received a call from their PI in the Clinical Program so I was hoping they would see my post here since it keeps getting removed from the results page. Congratulations to you though!

6 hours ago, MichaelGScarn said:

Anything from the University of Washington? Fingers crossed! 

I think it's PI dependent at this point, my POI was doing prelims through today then notifying of formal interview invites by the end of the week. Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, FingersCrossed58 said:

I have the same question. If you're comfortable, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know who your PI is

3 hours ago, FingersCrossed58 said:

I have the same question. If you're comfortable, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know who your PI is

I'd also love to know the POI! Thank you!!!

Regarding TC Columbia's Counseling Psych program  

I just received this email when inquiring about my application:

"Final decisions will be released in mid March, and faculty may reach out to schedule an interview anytime before final decisions are made. Interviews are usually conducted in mid February, but truly anything can happen until decisions are released. For this reason, please be sure to check your email regularly."

Do we really have a chance until March if we haven't been contacted yet? What do you think? 

1 hour ago, NervousNelly12 said:

Did anyone interviewing with UGA get their interview schedule sent to them yet? My interview is Monday and I will probably email them by Friday if there is no word from them.

I got my schedule about two hours ago!

1 minute ago, cat0720 said:

I got an interview invite from KF at the University of Washington today. Did a prelim with her last week

Congrats! I did a prelim with her on Thursday and haven't heard back from her yet. Bummed she's sent out invites since her lab is my top choice. Mind if i ask what your stats and experience are?

Just now, MessianicJuice said:

Congrats! I did a prelim with her on Thursday and haven't heard back from her yet. Bummed she's sent out invites since her lab is my top choice. Mind if i ask what your stats and experience are?

She might not have sent out all invites yet! She sent me a separate email, so maybe she's still making decisions.

I had a 3.6 GPA in undergrad, n/a for GRE, and I'm an RA in a lab working on a few different projects about adolescent mental health and substance use. Best of luck to you! :) 

5 minutes ago, cat0720 said:

She might not have sent out all invites yet! She sent me a separate email, so maybe she's still making decisions.

I had a 3.6 GPA in undergrad, n/a for GRE, and I'm an RA in a lab working on a few different projects about adolescent mental health and substance use. Best of luck to you! :) 

Thank you! Best of luck to you too -- it's a great program and she does really interesting work ?

From TC:

Admissions is not involved in this program's interview process, as faculty reach out to applicants directly. Final decisions will be released in mid March, and faculty may reach out to schedule an interview anytime before final decisions are made. Interviews are usually conducted in mid February, but truly anything can happen until decisions are released. For this reason, please be sure to check your email regularly”

On 2/3/2021 at 8:57 AM, gin25 said:

Has anyone heard back from University of Illinois- Chicago or Urbana Champaign? I don't know if I missed any post but I feel like I have not seen any posts regarding interviews for these schools.

Clinical or counseling?

11 hours ago, coffeepsychx3 said:

Ugh. Such a bummer. It was my top choice. Thanks for letting me know though!

Mine too :(. They said we should be receiving an official letter via email sometime late this week or early next week. Best of luck!

8 hours ago, ihatedis said:

From TC:

Admissions is not involved in this program's interview process, as faculty reach out to applicants directly. Final decisions will be released in mid March, and faculty may reach out to schedule an interview anytime before final decisions are made. Interviews are usually conducted in mid February, but truly anything can happen until decisions are released. For this reason, please be sure to check your email regularly”

Wow, way to keep the anxiety going, TC. Was this for Clinical or Counseling (or both, I guess)?

Edited by FingersCrossed58