Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Has anyone heard anything about the 2021/2022 version of the Insider's Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology? The 2020/2021 version was published in January of 2020 so it seems they're understandably a bit behind schedule on this edition. 

Edited by Amucu

4 minutes ago, psychap15 said:

Anyone else finding it difficult to concentrate on anything while waiting to hear about decisions and/or waitlist offers? My motivation for everything productive has been terrible!

Yes! I was legit just telling my partner this. I cannot focus on anything. That's why I'm off the clock working on my journal club presentation for tomorrow. ? It's killing me...

3 minutes ago, MyAmygdalaDoesn'tLikeThis said:

Yes! I was legit just telling my partner this. I cannot focus on anything. That's why I'm off the clock working on my journal club presentation for tomorrow. ? It's killing me...

I completely understand!! My procrastination has never been so bad, all I do is check grad cafe and my email lmao.

4 hours ago, missmusical said:

Feel this so much! I'll bet people with offers are waiting to hear back from other programs or are also waitlisted themselves. Presumably things should start moving in the next few weeks as the schools with later interviews (I know my friend interviewed at Northwestern last week) send out their admission updates. 

Yes, totally! 100% understand why people are holding offers. It is what it is. So many people are waiting to hear from their first choices or waitlists etc. Mentally preparing myself that I won't hear until April 15th ;) 

1 hour ago, psychap15 said:

I completely understand!! My procrastination has never been so bad, all I do is check grad cafe and my email lmao.

I am also so unproductive at the moment... not sure how to go another month like this... 

3 hours ago, Amucu said:

Has anyone heard anything about the 2021/2022 version of the Insider's Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology? The 2020/2021 version was published in January of 2020 so it seems they're understandably a bit behind schedule on this edition. 

Pretty sure they come out with a new one every two years! 

5 hours ago, Psycs said:

Hi everyone! I’m just curious if it is appropriate to email the school after being waitlisted to check the status? I don’t want to be too pushy but I can’t stop wondering ?Thanks! 

How long has it been since they notified you?

21 hours ago, sumatra1 said:

Hello there! Has anyone received news from Virginia Commonwealth University? (Clinical)

Hi! I actually wrote my POI over the weekend - there were apparently some changes to how many they could accept, and mine told me that they were not able to make a first round offer (and it sounds like my lab probably won't be able to make an offer at all, unless grant funding comes in). Happy to chat over DM if you have any questions - mine offered to meet with me to help me figure out how to move forward (I have another acceptance that I don't want to keep waiting for too long) so yours might be willing to as well!

Edited by willow_15

2 minutes ago, Coffeecup123 said:

I’m getting ready to leave my RA position to go to grad school. Trying to find someone to fill my position. What are the hot spots to post job postings? 

We are doing the same in my lab and we're letting our RAs know about the opening first. I would post on the University's website, Indeed.com, etc. 

50 minutes ago, Coffeecup123 said:

I’m getting ready to leave my RA position to go to grad school. Trying to find someone to fill my position. What are the hot spots to post job postings? 

I like checking Harvard's and Duke's aggregate pages:

Linkedin couldn't hurt either.