2021 Biology PhD Admissions Results

oskibear

22 minutes ago, neuromaniac90 said:

Did anything work out for you yet? I reached out to Tufts CMDB and got a response that I am #2 on their waitlist. Fingers crossed. 

Not long after I posted, CMDB told me I was first on the waiting list and I got an offer from a preferred school the next day, so I declined CMDB. Best of luck!

I got an offer from three schools. 

BUMC Pibs program

U of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore. PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

U of Maryland, College Park. BISI MOCB program. 

I still can decide where to go. My heart is telling me to go UMD MOCB. What do you guys think?

On 4/8/2021 at 11:33 AM, Irene39 said:

I got an offer from three schools. 

BUMC Pibs program

U of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore. PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

U of Maryland, College Park. BISI MOCB program. 

I still can decide where to go. My heart is telling me to go UMD MOCB. What do you guys think?

Went to BU undergrad, I hear the medical school facilities are kinda ugly/unimpressive. Programs obviously top notch, that's just what I've heard from various folks. I could be wrong too, never seen them myself ?. Still waiting to hear from Maryland Med School for neuro, maybe I'll see you there..

• 4 weeks later...

I got the waiting list email from BU neurobiology phd program at end of Feb and I did not get any update after that, even a rejection letter. I just called the office, telling me that they are still in the process of reviewing applications! And I could hope for a result in a week. I know that this program only takes about five new students every year. How can they be such slow in the process? I can not imagine.

• 8 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 5:10 PM, dymatthew said:

Just committed to Baylor College of Medicine's Immunology & Microbiology program :) Hit me up if you're also planning on going to Baylor (or Houston)!!

Hi! I am preparing interview for this program right now! I know it has been a long time, would you mind sharing some interview experience? Thank you so much!!