2021 Biology PhD Admissions Results

oskibear

I actually interviewed with BU for MCBB graduate program on 25th Jan. I think prospective students for CM program were also invited the same day! 

I remember them telling that they might interview few more people in Feb before making final decisions on all the applicants. I don't know if this only applies to MCBB program or even the CM program.  Fingers crossed for all of you!! 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:34 PM, behavioral_ecology said:

Rejections from: UC Davis, U of Minnesota, U of Illinois, Stanford, UT Austin, and UCLA

Interview: BU

Unknown: U of Oklahoma

Also, feel free to DM me, too! I'd love to chat about Ecology stuff and hear about your thoughts on schools

I also applied to U of Oklahoma! 

DM me if you wanna chat! I heard the grad college should be sending out decisions within the next week. 

On 2/10/2021 at 6:59 PM, justwanttogosomewhere said:

I actually interviewed with BU for MCBB graduate program on 25th Jan. I think prospective students for CM program were also invited the same day! 

I remember them telling that they might interview few more people in Feb before making final decisions on all the applicants. I don't know if this only applies to MCBB program or even the CM program.  Fingers crossed for all of you!! 

I  interviewed with BU CM program and got offer yesterday!

20 hours ago, Naijaa said:

I  interviewed with BU CM program and got offer yesterday!

Congratulations! Are you an international applicant?

I am an international student who applied to the CM program at BU. I did not receive an invite/rejection yet! Do you have more information on the timeline?

6 hours ago, SY21 said:

Congratulations!!!!! Will you be accepting their offer or are you waiting for your other program decisions?

I'm waiting on other program decisions before accepting any offer

2 hours ago, L-Dopamean said:

Congratulations! Are you an international applicant?

I am an international student who applied to the CM program at BU. I did not receive an invite/rejection yet! Do you have more information on the timeline?

Thank you! I'm an international student without a US degree. I'm not sure about the timeline to be honest. I'm sorry I can't provide more info.

14 hours ago, justwanttogosomewhere said:

Congratulations!! I also got an admit from MCBB program at BU!! Good luck with all other interviews :)

Heyyy congratulations!! Is it your top choice?

2 hours ago, ProspectiveGrad21 said:

Has anyone who hasn't interviewed for Harvard BBS and Yale BBS heard back yet?

Nope, wasn't invited for Harvard BBS interview. Last year they sent rejections the first week of March so perhaps that will be it. they are doing rolling admissions this year but I don't know if that means anything for the people that didn't get offered an interview.

good luck for your NYU interview! You got this!

Has anyone heard back from UTMB? I'm assuming with the terrible storms in Texas we can be looking at Texas decisions being delayed by an extra 1-2 weeks. 

Applied: Columbia SoM (Biosciences), Boston University SoM (PiBS), University of Texas Medical Branch (M&I), UCSF (TETRAD)

Accepted: 0/4

Rejected: 2/4

Waitlisted for Interview: BU PiBS

19 hours ago, jakeperalta said:

Nope, wasn't invited for Harvard BBS interview. Last year they sent rejections the first week of March so perhaps that will be it. they are doing rolling admissions this year but I don't know if that means anything for the people that didn't get offered an interview.

Ah okay, glad to know I'm not in this boat alone. 

Thanks! I hope NYU works out, if not then it's no grad school for me (unless being on the waitlist for BU actually means anything). 

Hopefully things work out for you too! 

Edited by ProspectiveGrad21

20 hours ago, jakeperalta said:

When you say ‘rolling admissions this year’ do you mean the Department is still open to accept applications?

I would like to send in an application if the deadline of December 1 isn’t applicable for this year. 

1 minute ago, Lower sean said:

When you say ‘rolling admissions this year’ do you mean the Department is still open to accept applications?

I would like to send in an application if the deadline of December 1 isn’t applicable for this year. 

Oh no, they're not taking any more applications. Just that they most likely have a waitlist and they're sending out a couple of offers, waiting to see how many people accept, and then based on that, they will send out another round of offers until their target is met. 

1 minute ago, jakeperalta said:

Oh no, they're not taking any more applications. Just that they most likely have a waitlist and they're sending out a couple of offers, waiting to see how many people accept, and then based on that, they will send out another round of offers until their target is met. 

Alright. Thank you. 

Do you know of any biomedical program with applications deadline still open?