2021 Biology PhD Admissions Results

oskibear

Can anyone that interviewed for NYU Vilcek please share what that experience was like? Did they say when a decision would be made?

I don't interview till early March so I'm thinking I'm in the very last round of interviews and they'll probably only select a few people after that interview week, if they have already accepted people from the Jan/Feb interviews.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:40 PM, DariaB said:

Interviews late February, decision early March. But I will contact one of the professors today, maybe she can tell something more specific (doubt that)

Did you hear back yet?

22 minutes ago, biologybear said:

Also wondering this.. has anyone heard from NYU GSAS Biology program? I haven't seen anyone on here who has 

I haven't seen posts from the previous years either regarding the interview dates. Do you have any clarity on the timeline?

23 minutes ago, DariaB said:

Yes. BU, Northeastern and Tufts will review the applications until end of February. So nothing new

Thank you! Can this wait end already??

Are rejections on a rolling basis? I've seen a few here but haven't received one yet/heard back

16 minutes ago, L-Dopamean said:

Thank you! Can this wait end already??

Are rejections on a rolling basis? I've seen a few here but haven't received one yet/heard back

I got rejection from MIT. Have been crying for a week now 

8 minutes ago, DariaB said:

I got rejection from MIT. Have been crying for a week now 

I am so sorry about that :( Hope you have a positive outcome for your other schools!

I got rejected from most of my schools too. It looks like I have to succumb to doing a masters. :|||| Second year applying. 3.99 GPA/3 publications/Work at a Harvard lab/LoR's from Harvard PI's. 

This year is competitive and admissions is a crapshoot!!

2 minutes ago, L-Dopamean said:

I am so sorry about that :( Hope you have a positive outcome for your other schools!

I got rejected from most of my schools too. It looks like I have to succumb to doing a masters. :|||| Second year applying. 3.99 GPA/3 publications/Work at a Harvard lab/LoR's from Harvard PI's. 

This year is competitive and admissions is a crapshoot!!

BU Professor told me That this year is really unfortunate for applying. Especially for international students. I have 3.7 GPA from German University, no publications yet, but also Internship and LoR from Harvard. 

I have already made plans for next year application just in case. For now I’m just anxious 

On 1/13/2021 at 2:51 PM, Shannon3942 said:

Yes, I heard back on December 18th. They're having their interviews between January 11-12, 2021 and January 25-26. I don't know if they have a waiting list or how it works with listing a secondary program of interest on your Duke application but I wish you all the best. Good luck with everything and I hope that it all works out!

Do you know if they send out any acceptance letter? 

I hope your interview went well. I still havent heard them.

I sent my application right the deadline so maybe thats why

Hey I interviewed with CMB at UT Austin as well. I'm an international students and I wasn't asked to submit a presentation. Haven't heard back yet. Do you know more about this presentation? Is it a bad sign that I haven't gotten asked to send one? 

22 hours ago, Nightrestr said:

Has anybody heard back from UT Austin CMB? After submitting a presentation.

Hey I interviewed with CMB at UT Austin as well. I'm an international students and I wasn't asked to submit a presentation. Haven't heard back yet. Do you know more about this presentation? Is it a bad sign that I haven't gotten asked to send one? 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, KellyTD said:

Do you know if they send out any acceptance letter? 

I hope your interview went well. I still havent heard them.

I sent my application right the deadline so maybe thats why

They held their second round of interviews on January 25th and I know that some people have already heard back with acceptances. Because it is a small program, I'm not sure that they'll be having more interviews in the future. Good luck with everything! 

1 hour ago, Shannon3942 said:

They held their second round of interviews on January 25th and I know that some people have already heard back with acceptances. Because it is a small program, I'm not sure that they'll be having more interviews in the future. Good luck with everything! 

??? Thank you so much for the info. It seems its a small program but I thought pharmacology and cancer biology are considered the same since its in the same department. Oh well, at least I know I will be rejected then. Goodluck to you too. I hope you can get into the program you hope for

Edited by KellyTD