2021 Biology PhD Admissions Results

oskibear

On 3/16/2021 at 3:26 PM, xanthan gum said:

Okay. Best of luck! If they do reach out to you, please let us know ?

This is the reply I got on Friday from Tufts CMDB: 

"Our faculty enjoyed meeting with you and you are definitely on our list of top applicants, however we haven’t had any movement on our offer list yet, so I’m unable to give you any useful information today. If you are willing to share the names of the other programs you have offers from, I could compare and contrast the Tufts CMDB program vs those based on your research interests in the event that you are having trouble deciding whether to wait for us or not." 

I am not entirely sure if first round of offers have gone through and other are on waitlist or no offers have been made until now. 

8 minutes ago, justwanttogosomewhere said:

This is the reply I got on Friday from Tufts CMDB: 

"Our faculty enjoyed meeting with you and you are definitely on our list of top applicants, however we haven’t had any movement on our offer list yet, so I’m unable to give you any useful information today. If you are willing to share the names of the other programs you have offers from, I could compare and contrast the Tufts CMDB program vs those based on your research interests in the event that you are having trouble deciding whether to wait for us or not." 

I am not entirely sure if first round of offers have gone through and other are on waitlist or no offers have been made until now. 

Thanks for responding. I'm guessing they sent out a couple already?

17 minutes ago, justwanttogosomewhere said:

I have also reached out again to them telling offers that I already have an am considering. I am waiting for their response..

Great, please let me know what they say. I have no offers yet.. so I am just waiting and hoping...

On 3/22/2021 at 2:26 AM, NiT said:

Hi I also applied for UMD MOCB. I have not received any update after the interview. Are you domestic student?

Yes I am! I know they were only sending out as many offers as they could accept and then putting everyone else on a waitlist so hang in there!

Hi does anyone have any information on moving up the waitlist at Mount Sinai? It's my top choice and applied to the PTD MTA in the Biomedical Sciences program. 

Applied to 7 schools. Interviewed at UChicago and Mount Sinai. Rejected from UChicago and waitlisted at Sinai. Was not a great cycle for me and sounds like for everyone else too so sending out good vibes to all of you ❤️ 

I got the waitlist email from BU biology PhD program neurobiology track on Feb 26th, still no update yet. I was told that I was near the top of the waiting list... This might be my only opportunity. Anyone who was accepted by this program and want to decline the offer, could you please do me a favor to refer me?

11 hours ago, NiT said:

I got the waitlist email from BU biology PhD program neurobiology track on Feb 26th, still no update yet. I was told that I was near the top of the waiting list... This might be my only opportunity. Anyone who was accepted by this program and want to decline the offer, could you please do me a favor to refer me?

Heya, 

Are international students eligible for funding from BU? I had emailed them pre application season and had got a vague response to apply for a loan and so I didn't end up applying to the programme!

8 hours ago, PC99 said:

Heya, 

Are international students eligible for funding from BU? I had emailed them pre application season and had got a vague response to apply for a loan and so I didn't end up applying to the programme!

I am international student and got full funding from BU. But BU has many programs so I don't know if every program supports international student. 

Just now, justwanttogosomewhere said:

Cell and Molecular Biology 

Do you want to decline this offer? If so could you do me a favor of referring me? I am near the top on the waiting list, and this is my only opportunity now.... 

Just now, NiT said:

Do you want to decline this offer? If so could you do me a favor of referring me? I am near the top on the waiting list, and this is my only opportunity now.... 

I am at cross roads right now deciding between BU and an other school. I will be able to decide by April 1 and can refer you if I decline BU. Best of luck buddy!! 

2 minutes ago, justwanttogosomewhere said:

I am international student and got full funding from BU. But BU has many programs so I don't know if every program supports international student. 

Ah fair! Thank for letting me know and congratulations! ?

Just now, justwanttogosomewhere said:

I am at cross roads right now deciding between BU and an other school. I will be able to decide by April 1 and can refer you if I decline BU. Best of luck buddy!! 

Thank you for saying this!!! I got unofficial offer during the interview from the other university, but no official letter till now. I just got the news that their funding were cut.... Anyway, I just followed your account, please let me know if you made any decision. But please don't feel burdened. Choose the one you really like. Thank you again buddy!

On 3/16/2021 at 7:32 PM, PC99 said:

Just got a strange email from the Skaggs-Oxford programme telling me to apply to the Oxford DPhil in Biochemistry. I was wondering has anyone else heard back and know what the process and timeline for this second stage of application is like?

Same email received in Jan. 6th.

19 hours ago, thepuncess said:

I declined the offer earlier this month!! Hope things work out for you!!!

Hi, could you please do me a favor to refer me? I am near the top of the waiting list for BU neurobiology. A refer from you would help me really a lot! This is my final opportunity to get a PhD this year... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 12:16 PM, xanthan gum said:

Great, please let me know what they say. I have no offers yet.. so I am just waiting and hoping...

Did anything work out for you yet? I reached out to Tufts CMDB and got a response that I am #2 on their waitlist. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by neuromaniac90