MPH 2021 Canada

16 hours ago, moonjar said:

For those who are still Under Review for UofA, does your portal show this "Offer Response Due Date"?? How are we supposed to respond when we haven't yet received an offer ?‍♀️

1113480632_ScreenShot2021-03-16at8_32_16PM.png.3f7921f4cf132aee62258fb94af24e44.png

I applied to the same stream as you at UofA and my portal shows the exact same thing. I'm glad someone else noticed it, because I couldn't figure out if it had been there all along! My guess is that it is an auto-generated field that showed up on all the applications once they started sending out offers, but let me know if you get to the bottom of it!

2 minutes ago, mfish said:

I applied to the same stream as you at UofA and my portal shows the exact same thing. I'm glad someone else noticed it, because I couldn't figure out if it had been there all along! My guess is that it is an auto-generated field that showed up on all the applications once they started sending out offers, but let me know if you get to the bottom of it!

I actually ended up emailing UofA about it and they got back to me saying I'm already in! They're just waiting for the FGSR's final review to send me the acceptance letter. I'd suggest reaching out to them to clarify the discrepancy. 

Just now, moonjar said:

I actually ended up emailing UofA about it and they got back to me saying I'm already in! They're just waiting for the FGSR's final review to send me the acceptance letter. I'd suggest reaching out to them to clarify the discrepancy. 

Thanks for the heads up! I will do just that. and Congratulations!!

11 minutes ago, moonjar said:

Congrats!! I'm glad it got worked out for you! Hopefully that letter comes soon!

1 hour ago, moonjar said:

What email did you reach out to? Congrats on the admission! 

34 minutes ago, SpringinMay said:

If don't mind me asking, would anyone like to share your top choice?

Mine is either McGill or UBC.

My top two were McGill and UBC as well! I ended up accepting UBC over McGill though, let me know what you choose!

2 hours ago, kdf98 said:

My top two were McGill and UBC as well! I ended up accepting UBC over McGill though, let me know what you choose!

Congrats!!!

I think I'm gonna accept UBC since they are strong in epi according to the current student (who kindly answered my questions in this thread). I haven't heard back from McGill so I might just wait another week to see how it goes...

Just got into SFU's MPH program today today too! Still waiting to hear back from UBC.

Fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting to hear. Also my stats weren't crazy high - I had a 78% average for SFU's application (last 2 years of study), 1.5 years work experience in public health non-profit as an admin, and volunteering when I could make time (due to a chronic health condition). So really don't count yourself short!