MPH 2021 Canada

21 hours ago, Excel725 said:

Did anyone else hear back from Mac yet?

I didn't so I sent them an email, and they let me know that I was not accepted. They may let you know your status if you send them an email as well! 

2 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

We all did great! McMaster had upwards of 800 applications this year and they have like 25 spots. We didn't get in at Mac but we will get in elsewhere! Now onto stressing about Waterloo for me lol 

wow, 800? That’s a lot!

2 minutes ago, Excel725 said:

Didn't get into Mac either :(

Chin up! if you don't get in anywhere else this year (which is unlikely) you'll apply again next year! It is super common to have to do a few cycles before getting accepted in public health programs. 

8 minutes ago, Guy137 said:

Anyone know about U of T? Have they begun sending out acceptances? What about their Biostats program?

i believe uoft has started sending out acceptances for some programs but not all yet (for example, i don't believe any epi acceptances have gone out). i don't have any idea about biostats though unfortunately, and i don't believe i've seen anyone post about it on here!! if you email the program they might be able to give you a rough idea about when acceptances will go out :) best of luck, i hope you receive good news from them!!

2 minutes ago, Maha M said:

I got waitlisted at Mac, does anyone have any idea of how many people are typically on a waitlist?

Congrats! Not too sure about the stats tbh. If you don't mind sharing, what stats and experiences did you apply to mac with? 

31 minutes ago, bbj said:

I have not heard from SFU does that mean I'm rejected?

I'm in the same boat. I did email SFU and they said "Applicants will be contacted by email by the end of March regarding their admission status." 

Is anyone aware of whether SFU/Alberta/McGill have sent out rejections?

Just now, cheesecakelover said:

I'm in the same boat. I did email SFU and they said "Applicants will be contacted by email by the end of March regarding their admission status." 

Is anyone aware of whether SFU/Alberta/McGill have sent out rejections?

i think im not accepted tbh because so many people got their acceptances and people know if they're on a wait list 

Just now, bbj said:

i think im not accepted tbh because so many people got their acceptances and people know if they're on a wait list 

Unfortunately that's what my thoughts are on my application as well. But lets wait and see. Hopefully we get accepted somewhere else, if not SFU.

34 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

We all did great! McMaster had upwards of 800 applications this year and they have like 25 spots. We didn't get in at Mac but we will get in elsewhere! Now onto stressing about Waterloo for me lol 

Where did you hear that they had 800 applications? That’s so many compared to previous years!... Right?