MPH 2021 Canada

On 3/1/2021 at 7:01 PM, BoxingAndMPH said:

nothing yet ? 

Does your McMaster show 'complete' or 'incomplete' on the top of the application? Mine still says incomplete so i guess i gotta wait

btw I emailed McMaster and they changed my application to show "complete". I think they had a technical issue!

On 3/2/2021 at 8:44 AM, brzy said:

Oh no i'm sorry you're going through the same thing!

I saw that too but I hoped it wasn't true ? I have been contemplating emailing myself but im sure they get hundreds of the same email and I dont want to be that person.. but I also want to know if I should start applying to my backups now.

I decided to be that person and emailed ?. They also told me April for decisions. So I guess we'll get comfy and wait!

What are your backups?

34 minutes ago, bg3 said:

I decided to be that person and emailed ?. They also told me April for decisions. So I guess we'll get comfy and wait!

What are your backups?

Bless your soul for emailing! ? I'm looking to apply to UofC- their applications close May 1st I believe. They don't have an MPH program so i'll apply to an MSc. I initially applied to UofA as my plan B and ive waited so long I need to prep for plan C LOL. Did you apply anywhere else?

1 hour ago, brzy said:

Bless your soul for emailing! ? I'm looking to apply to UofC- their applications close May 1st I believe. They don't have an MPH program so i'll apply to an MSc. I initially applied to UofA as my plan B and ive waited so long I need to prep for plan C LOL. Did you apply anywhere else?

I applied to the MPH at Lakehead, Memorial, and Waterloo as well! But U of A is definitely my top choice. 

1 hour ago, cheesecakelover said:

Is this for U of A??? 

Yes, this is for the U of A!

46 minutes ago, nicolenicanik said:

Just got an email saying I've been waitlisted for Western's MSc in Epidemiology. I wish I had more information about where I am on that list and how many waitlisted applicants there are. I'm so nervous lol

Same! Fingers crossed for the two of us.

2 hours ago, nicolenicanik said:

Just got an email saying I've been waitlisted for Western's MSc in Epidemiology. I wish I had more information about where I am on that list and how many waitlisted applicants there are. I'm so nervous lol

That's awesome!!! Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what experience and stats (GPA etc) did you apply with? 

Just now, Excel725 said:

That's awesome!!! Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what experience and stats (GPA etc) did you apply with? 

I did my bachelor's degree in kinesiology (graduated in 2020)and had a GPA of 3.8 in my last 2 years of study. I have experience volunteering in recreation, in services for people with disabilities, and in admin at a public health clinic in my area (though this was very brief). I think I fell short on my research/extracurriculars during my undergrad. I didn't have to complete a thesis so my research experience is really limited. I also think my statement of purpose was pretty weak, but I'm not sure how much weight this is ultimately given in admission decisions.

2 minutes ago, cheesecakelover said:

Yup same here. But I'm trying to hold off because it's not gonna make the decision come in any sooner :( 

Yeah true, but then I can stop checking my email excessively!! Hmmm

56 minutes ago, zucca said:

Just got accepted to the MPH program at uAlberta for Health Policy and Management!

That's amazing! Congrats! What stats (GPA etc) and experience did you apply with if you don't mind me asking?