MPH 2021 Canada

28 minutes ago, Excel725 said:

When did you get your acceptance? Today? 

Hi!

So i just found this forum and was going through the posts! I got my acceptance on March 26th! 

1 hour ago, Narwhal22 said:

Has anyone heard from UofA Global Health?

I emailed April 12, but no reply.

Nope still nothing. I emailed yesterday and the reply I got was "decisions will be released soon".

So that could be soon as in Monday or soon as in July for all we know at this point lmao ?

4 hours ago, Excel725 said:

Congrats!!! When do you have until to accept it? 

They gave me until May 7!

4 hours ago, Natasha7 said:

Also, did you get a single email with an acceptance letter?

I got an email telling me to check the admissions website, and the acceptance letter was posted under the status column

28 minutes ago, mphmountain said:

They gave me until May 7!

I got an email telling me to check the admissions website, and the acceptance letter was posted under the status column

Thanks! What are your stats and experiences? :) Dm if you feel uncomfortable sharing to the public!!!

Edited by Natasha7

On 5/1/2021 at 5:57 AM, Aiza said:

Hey 

did any of you apply to Msc. in HSTP at carleton university. I would love if someone could share about this program like weather it is good or not

I got accepted and accepted my offer back in March! I thought the program was well suited towards me as I come from a non science/health background but have an interest in health technology and policy. Also I hate doing individual/thesis research, a research group/project sounds lovely with an established project with community partners. I reached out to some students in the program and they seemed to really like it too with most continuing on to work in federal health policy. It's a newer less well known kind of niche program but I'm hearing nothing but good things so far! The program coordinator (Claire) is really helpful if you have more questions ?

14 hours ago, RedPanda26 said:

I got accepted and accepted my offer back in March! I thought the program was well suited towards me as I come from a non science/health background but have an interest in health technology and policy. Also I hate doing individual/thesis research, a research group/project sounds lovely with an established project with community partners. I reached out to some students in the program and they seemed to really like it too with most continuing on to work in federal health policy. It's a newer less well known kind of niche program but I'm hearing nothing but good things so far! The program coordinator (Claire) is really helpful if you have more questions ?

Hello

Congratulations that is really great☺️ I was thinking of applying here since the application is still open and also I got rejected from everywhere?  

Can you share your stats if you feel comfortable with it. I want to see if I even stand a chance otherwise I wont apply

10 hours ago, Aiza said:

Hello

Congratulations that is really great☺️ I was thinking of applying here since the application is still open and also I got rejected from everywhere?  

Can you share your stats if you feel comfortable with it. I want to see if I even stand a chance otherwise I wont apply

No worries! My undergrad was in geography (geomatics) with a 84% cumulative average or a 3.7. I did a fourth year honours thesis focused on GIS and health, worked as a research assistant and TA in some classes, participated in some extracurriculars mostly food banks or student ambassador related stuff, and did five co ops in government organizations. It's a smaller program and the application is still open until August 1st I believe so there's no harm in applying! 

On 5/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, Narwhal22 said:

Has anyone heard from UofA Global Health?

I emailed April 12, but no reply.

I accepted my offer to U of A's GH stream. Who did you email? gradadmissions? or sphprograms? 

1 hour ago, coolbreeze1997 said:

I would love to connect 

On 5/2/2021 at 4:08 PM, mph_ak said:

Hi!

Anyone who got into QueensU who wants to connect?:)

I'd love to connect as well! 

42 minutes ago, coconuthead said:

Do you guys have linked in/facebook?

Also I can't find a facebook group for MPH at Queens, do you know if there is one?

Edited by mph_ak

6 minutes ago, mph_ak said:

Do you guys have linked in/facebook?

Also I can't find a facebook group for MPH at Queens, do you know if there is one?

Yup! Msged you. I don't think there's an FB group for this year yet. 

2 hours ago, coconuthead said:

I'd love to connect too!

There is a MPH Queen's facebook page but I dont believe there is a group yet.